cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading user from basic to licensed affects existing meetings?

HAPCAP
Listener

I have a business account user running a Basic license that has scheduled a meeting.  I upgraded her to a paid license after the meeting was scheduled.  Will the existing meeting automatically be upgraded from Basic to licensed?  Or would we need to cancel the meeting and reschedule it now that the user account is licensed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @HAPCAP 

When starting a Zoom meeting, the system first checks the host's profile for any licenses or add-ons, and immediately applies those to the meeting. Now that the user has been assigned a license, when the system check's their meeting licenses, it will recognize the license and allow that meeting to extend beyond the 40-minute limit. 

I would only suggest that the user sign-out and back-in to the desktop client, so that the local client is also aware of their new Licensed status. This often scares people when they schedule a meeting and there is a warning about the time limit, but that is just due to the local client not syncing and realizing this user's license is updated. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

Hi @HAPCAP 

When starting a Zoom meeting, the system first checks the host's profile for any licenses or add-ons, and immediately applies those to the meeting. Now that the user has been assigned a license, when the system check's their meeting licenses, it will recognize the license and allow that meeting to extend beyond the 40-minute limit. 

I would only suggest that the user sign-out and back-in to the desktop client, so that the local client is also aware of their new Licensed status. This often scares people when they schedule a meeting and there is a warning about the time limit, but that is just due to the local client not syncing and realizing this user's license is updated. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks, Bort  - that's what I needed to know.  I'll have the user sign out and back in.

CWc1
Listener

I payed for a  business zoom account which I thought would give me unlimited time access . I discovered the subscription is listed as basic which  limits to 40 minutes.( Is basic a free subscription or a paid one) ?

Thank you  CWc1

Bort

A Business account will provide you with at least 10 licenses, which then need to be assigned to users. Otherwise, with no license assigned, they are still Basic users with the 40-minute limit. Please review this support article for how to assign those licenses to users: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-license