cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Network Connection

JoseValverde
Listener

I´m using a Videoconference Room with Poly Devices (Hardwired) . Meetings normally go well, however at some point the "Unstable Network connection" error appears. I´ve checked with my ISP, no issues from network noted as well live monitoring. 

Do you happen to know if this is entirely Zoom?

6 REPLIES 6

mflores
Listener

I have the same issue.  I had my ISP upgraded already to run at 500mbps.  Speed test shows 550mbps download and 23mbps upload with 11ms latency.  My ISP has also replaced modem, router, and coax cable to the router to no avail.  I still get the same error "Unstable Network connection".  I read somewhere to upgrade my Zoom to the latest as well as my OS which they have already been.  Anyone has this issue and resolved this?

I was able to resolve this by uninstalling and installing the latest version.  Upgrading the Zoom software does not resolve the issue.  You must uninstall the old version first then, do a fresh install using the latest version. 

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

These are instructions for Zoom Client - there is no way to 'uninstall' the Zoom Rooms provider mode on a Poly Zoom Rooms appliance.

LoneRanger1012
Listener

I see the same error message while using Zoom  in my tower computer using an ethernet connection to the gateway, but curiously, my daughter did not get the error connecting through Wi-Fi from her laptop.

I would like to use the Zoom Network Connectivity Tool but it does not start if I start with the Ctrl-Alt-Shift-D  from the  main Zoom window.  Is there a trick to firing up the tool?

bstrelko

This seems to be an incredibly common issue with Zoom, even on capable hardwired systems. ISPs claim everything is fine, internal network team cannot see any issues, and Zoom support will try to tire you out with months of tickets between agents asking you the same questions over and over, then refusing to speak to you in real-time.

Please continue to reach out to support to add traction to these issues.
I miss standards-based video conferencing - Zoom is effectively vanilla web traffic.

I am not 100% sure at this point, but it appears that a TP-Link Easy Smart Switch model TL-SG108E that was on my network was conflicting with the local IP address of my Surfboard gateway even though it was supposed to be "Plug and Play".  There were multiple issues on my network including the ZOOM unstable network connection issue until I completely removed it from the network. 

That may explain why, in my case, Wi-Fi connections worked better than wired ones.

There may be a diagnostic test for IP address conflicts, and, if so, I think that it should be in more technical support toolboxes.

If I continue to have issues I will try the solution offered elsewhere to manually remove the zoom software and re-install it.