cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Error. An unknown error has occurred, please try to refresh this page to rejoin the meeting.

jjones1
Listener

A teacher is trying to Zoom with her virtual class. Students who are on district-issued Chromebooks cannot join the zoom class and are receiving the following message. This issue just started today.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jjones1 @Liam1231 @Happyone @jeffreyb @CigZoomPro, I have been looking at some support tickets with similar issues within this discussion. Prior to a reply to a ticket, there seems to be a hotfix that has been deployed to resolve the issue. Could you please test and confirm if you experience any issues still?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

SScott
Listener

we are having the same issue, same situation 

Same issue started at our school today.

anyone found a solution to this ?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SScott @jjones1 are you Using Zoom for Chrome PWA? I ask that because the Zoom for Chrome PWA is separate from the ChromeOS app and is intended to replace it, as support for ChromeOS apps are being phased out across all operating systems. We strongly recommend admins begin migrating users from the ChromeOS app to the new Zoom for Chrome PWA to ensure a smooth transition.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

even with the PWA app. I am still getting the same error. 

yes we are also using pwa same issue

I contacted zoom support and submitted a ticket, they stated it was a known issue being looked at. Would be nice if the status board was updated so admins aren't trying to figure out if its an issue with their environment or zoom.

I couldn't agree more spent the last 3 hours on this issue. Thank you for the update!!

venardju
Listener

My organization is also experiencing the same issues as of this morning. It only seems to be causing issues on chromeOS devices and meetings using external authentication as the authentication requirement. We are also using the PWA and not the chromeOS application.

CigZoomPro
Listener

We are also seeing this issue with various Schools using Chromebooks and getting the same error.

I submitted a ticket to get status updates on this issue but have not received any updates as of this morning. 2/28/2023

jeffreyb
Listener

Same issue started at our school today.  "Unknown Error" for students trying to join Zoom classes on their school-issued chromebooks.  

Happyone
Listener

Same issue when joining from chromebook

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jjones1 @Liam1231 @Happyone @jeffreyb @CigZoomPro, I have been looking at some support tickets with similar issues within this discussion. Prior to a reply to a ticket, there seems to be a hotfix that has been deployed to resolve the issue. Could you please test and confirm if you experience any issues still?

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

working great this morning THANK YOU!

Yes, students are able to connect from their chromebooks this morning.  Thank you.

I have the same issue - An unknown error has occurred, please try to refresh this page to rejoin the meeting

. Who do i ask for help? Thank you

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @olha2 this has been fixed. Just to double-confirm.. you are Using Zoom for Chrome PWA correct? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Yes. I've been using it for months with no problem. It just happened. 

Happyone
Listener

Thanks for all the help!  This morning it was working fine with no issues at all.  I'm not sure what made it work, just happy it is

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

🙌 @Happyone amazing! Glad to hear that this was resolved for you! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his