cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log out

simon773
Listener

Hi all,

I've had a free basic account for a year or so (email address A). I've just got a new job, and my workplace has given me a license as part of their Enterprise account (email address B). However, I am unable to sign out of my basic account, which has somehow become partially linked to my workplace.

I click LOG OUT, but every time I visit workplace.zoom.us I'm still signed in with email A.

I click SIGN OUT FROM ALL DEVICES, but every time I visit workplace.zoom.us I'm still signed in with email A.

I have logged out of and uninstalled my desktop client, I have removed zoom.us from my browser history, removed all zoom cookies, cache, etc, restarted the computer, but every time I visit workplace.zoom.us I'm still signed in with email A. How is this even possible?

How do I log out of email A and log in with email B? How do I unlink email A from my workplace account?

Any help and advice gratefully received.

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @simon773 

I am not familiar with workplace.zoom.us - this actually does not appear to be a valid name - at least from the outside.

Are you able to login to the regular Zoom URL - like https://zoom.us/profile?

Have you tried a private browser window?

If your Address A account has truly been adopted into your Address B organization, you may need to ask the Address B Administrator to unlink it at ad Admin level? Did you ever provide your Address A account info and agree to link from your end?

Hi Rupert,

I am not familiar with workplace.zoom.us

Right, sorry, that was just an example to avoid me publicising my actual workplace's custom zoom link.

I can log in to zoom.us (without the custom subdomain) as Address A. It shows me as having a basic account, with all the associated limitations, but as a member of my workplace's Enterprise account. I am unable to delete the account.

I cannot log in to zoom.us (without the custom subdomain) with my workplace details.

I can log in to workplace.zoom.us with my workplace details on a private browser, which surely means that there's something in my normal browser that's keeping me logged in with Address A, but what? That's malware-like behaviour, isn't it, if I'm clearing the zoom.us cache / history / cookies?

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll see if the workplace admin can remove Address A from their system.

Rupert

Hi @simon773 

Are you using an organization provided computer, or are you in a domain-controlled environment? Such a setup could easily redirect your logins (or detect your local login) - but it does also sound like your account has been adopted into the Enterprise account.

I'm working remotely on a personal desktop. I've tried changing the sign-in address to be Address B, but get an error that Address B is already in use. But even aside from the issue of Address A being linked to the Enterprise account, surely I should be able to log out? Where on my computer is the information being stored to keep me logged in?

Edited to add: now, bizarrely, regardless of whether I go to zoom.us or workplace.zoom.us, I have no way of changing the password or updating an email address. There's no option in the account profile settings. I have no idea where the password is being stored, as I deleted it from Firefox.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @simon773 ! So sorry to hear you're having trouble logging out. Have you tried switching to a different account?

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?