Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install updates on mac

HLH
Listener

4 REPLIES 4

HLH
Listener

Regarding error code 10004, I've read the previous post on this issue and the instructions did not resolve this. I've submitted a ticket but not sure how long it takes to get a reply.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @HLH suggest looking into the KB article on Zoom error code 10004 and let me know if this resolves your issue! If so, don't forget to click the accept as solution button. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @HLH , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom community!

Can you try the following?

1. While the Zoom desktop window is active, click zoom.us at the top-left of the screen, next to the Apple icon, and select Uninstall Zoom
2. Important: Restart the computer.
3. Once restarted, go to https://zoom.us/download and download the Zoom Desktop Client. For Apple M1 users, select the download for Apple Silicon Chips.

If that does not work, please follow the steps below.

Please go to Privacy & Security —> full disk access —> Installer, and then enable Privacy & Security -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.

2. After enabling these options please retest by installing the zoom desktop client app again.

Note:
If the installer is not seen on the above location, please add it manually from /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app)

The step is by going to the Go - Folder- key in the above location and then adding the installer once the option is listed.

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

On macbook air M1 (apple silicon) running Ventura 13.1 , Installer hung (spinning rainbow beachball forever) after click on first screen Continue (accepting Zoom terms &c.) Then difficult or impossible to force-quit the Installer. Had to force power off and reboot.

Followed second set of steps from @CarlaA about Privacy & Security which worked for me.  Zoom 5.13.3 installed (tested session ok).