cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Center Stage on macOS with Apple Studio Display

amalchandaria
Listener

Hi there,

I'm running Zoom 5.11.11 on macOS Monterey 12.5, and have an Apple Studio Display. I've noticed the Center Stage feature is on when I'm in Zoom meetings (the camera tracks you as you move around), however I can't find any setting to turn it off. It seems that this setting does exist on iOS/iPad OS, but not on macOS. Is there a way to turn this off on Zoom on the Mac?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Center Stage is an Apple feature, not something controlled by Zoom. 

Check this out:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212315 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@amalchandaria is correct that this can be controlled directly from the Zoom app on iOS, but unfortunately that control is not yet supported directly from the macOS desktop client. For now, you will have to disable Center Stage on macOS directly, as @Ray_Harwood provided. 

And Apple support says it is a Zoom issue.    I can turn center stage on and off on every other app than Zoom.      I wrote to Zoom support and they didn't answer, yet marked my question as "solved"       Interesting customer support fail.

Very frustrating.  I have a Studio Display and the Center Stage is now flowing all over the place during meetings.  There seems to be no way to turn it off.  The link that Ray provided doesn't address it either.   I don't have this problem with any other use of Center Stage.  So I do think Zoom should get a bit more involved and provide a resolution.

jcway
Listener

Same here. In older versions I turned it off but the zoom suggestions dont seem to work with Mac Studio Display right now. Please fix this!

chris52
Listener

Same here. The Turn On Center Stage does not come as an option in Zoom, and although I deactivate it in the FaceTime configuration, it persists on Zoom.

eearle
Listener

This just worked for me, using zoom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOYBEbewyRc

Thank you - so easy when you know how! Just click on the green camera button next to Zoom (when you're live in Zoom) on the top right of your Studio Display 👏