cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound distortion in screenshare

Rompack
Listener

Hi,

in the last zoom-meeting with friends of mine some of us faced sound issues when sharing the screen and the sound. All users that watch and listen to the steam had bad sound output when the host or co-host who was sharing a video had following proberties

What I don't know:

-if this problem still exists when just the sound is shared

-if this problem still occurs when using the web-client of zoom

-if this problem still occurs when using an Intel processor or different audio-device

What I know:

-All of my firends with this issue used a LAPTOP with one of the following AMD Prozessor: 4500U or 5600H (And realtek audio drivers with versions 6.0.907.1 or 6.0.9.035.1 )

-There is no difference when sharing just the application or the whole screen
-All of my friends using Desktop-PCs (Including Mac and Windows) did not have this issue even with AMD Ryzen 5 Processors

-The Laptops with the issue where using the Zoom-Versions: 5.7.1  or 5.7.4

-The issue occurs with LAN-Cable & W-LAN

Maybe you are able to replicate this problem and/or find out more.
Kind regards.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Rompack

THANK YOU!!! i uninstalled 5.7.4 and went to your link and chose 5.6.6 to install and the problem goes away!!!!

View solution in original post

bdperk
Listener

Had sound issues with HP Laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor. Uninstalled 32bit 5.7.5 and reinstalled 64bit 5.7.5. Sound issues corrected.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

TERCIndia
Listener

I'm too facing the same issue while screensharing/ livestreaming my audio from Zoom. Mine is Ryzen 5500 series. I had no issues until last week and is noticing thisa the recent update of Zoom application.

Y27
Listener

I'm struggling with the same issue. No matter what I do, sharing only sound, tirning off my video the sound is shared distorted. I use zoom from a Huawei Matebook with AMD rayzen 5

scorpia22
Listener

I am also having this problem. WHY OH WHY did take the latest Zoom update????!!!

Any way to rollback? I have a presentation tomorrow that requires sharing screen and audio!!!!

i have Zoom client 5.7.4 (804)

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dw1xxx

Windows 10 Home (10.0.19041.685)

• EditionWindows 10 Home
  • OS Build10.0.19041.685
  • Graphic cardTrigger 6 External Graphics
  • Installed RAM8 GB
  • Version2004
  • System typeOSType64BitX64
  • Processor11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz

Okay, this is interesting. You use an Intel core processor. This means it isn't just a compatibility issue between AMD and Zoom.

@Scorpia a tried this on my laptop with 5.7.1 and this Problem occured also.

I mean you can try it. I have found a link to a website with older Versions of Zoom. But I don't know if it is a legit website...:

https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

@Rompack

THANK YOU!!! i uninstalled 5.7.4 and went to your link and chose 5.6.6 to install and the problem goes away!!!!

Glad this helped! 🙂

Maybe I try this for me tomorrow.

Did you install the old version of Zoom on the Server/Sharing device or the Client/Viewer device?

This worked also for me.

Thanks!

Guys, I've faced the same issue and now have found a solution to it. I've done the auto-update when it was available. Now I've uninstalled the app, and simply reinstalled a fresh downloaded latest version (5.7.4). Surprisingly, the issue went away!! Try and see if it works for you, let me know.

TERCIndia
Listener

I'm too facing the same issue while screensharing/ livestreaming my audio from Zoom. Mine is Ryzen 5500 series. I had no issues until last week and is noticing thisa the recent update of Zoom application.

TERCIndia
Listener

Guys, I've faced the same issue and now have found a solution to it. I've done the auto-update when it was available. Now I've uninstalled the app, and simply reinstalled a fresh downloaded latest version (5.7.4). Surprisingly, the issue went away!! Try and see if it works for you, let me know!

It didn't work for me 😞

scorpia22
Listener

@TERCIndia 

This did not work for me.

i uninstalled Zoom client and installed fresh copy of 5.7.4 and problem persists.

Thilo
Listener

Same with us. Just a downgrade to 5.6.6 solved the problem. I only verified the problem on computers with AMD processor. One of them is a HP Laptop 15-d1 with Ryzen 3 3200U 2.6 GHz. Not seen on Intel.

Using Zoom function "Share - Extended - Video" instead of sharing the screen helps. It works even fine with Zoom version 5.7.4 - for all computers I've tested.

Sharing the video over the 'Extended' function does not solve the issue.

bdperk
Listener

Had sound issues with HP Laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor. Uninstalled 32bit 5.7.5 and reinstalled 64bit 5.7.5. Sound issues corrected.

Thanks for the tip!

Amd Ryzen 5 3500U laptop:

Unistalling  Zoom and then reinstalling it with the 64 bit version solved my audio problems when sharing. (I don't know why Zoom is publishing the 32 bit version in front page as the main version)

I will try to transalate the reply in italian also for our friends in Italy that are issuing the same problems and they don't speek english but surfing the web for a solution: 

Problemi audio con la Condivisione Schermo durante i meeting? Per i PC con processore AMD ho risolto il problema disinstallando Zoom e poi  andando sulla pagina di zoom.us, sotto l'icona SCARICA di colore blu, ho semplicemente installato la versione a 64 bit. Non premere su SCARICA, ma appena sotto. Allego foto.

I just installed 5.7.5 (1055) 64-bit. No sound issues.  So 32-bit app has a problem on my 64-bit processor but 64-bit app does not. THANKS!

Both downloads are named "ZoomInstaller.exe," and in "About Zoom" it doesn't tell you which one you have installed. Do you know how to tell?

Update: no audio issues to-date when using the 64bit 5.7.5 version. Today I updated to the offered version 5.7.7 using the Zoom 'Check for Updates' feature and continue to have no audio issues. I see the AMD processor reference to freezing video also addressed. Encouraging!

bdperk_0-1630771842317.png

Y27
Listener

Ohh thanks this worked 

paco329
Listener

I have the same issue. I have found that the only way it will work with sharing audio is when sharing an actual MP4 file using the ADVANCED > VIDEO option under screen sharing

Cabin7
Listener

Experiencing this problem with screen-sharing audio,  I was suspecting a hardware or driver problem;  so tried Skype screen-sharing and it did not have the problem.  Upgrade to the latest Zoom version, it is worse - doesn't recognize my microphone at all.
Reverted to Zoom version 5.6.5 and this works fine.

David12
Listener

Hey, I'm struggling with the same issue. I have a company  https://speedtest-copel.net.br and I freequantly zoom meeting with my staff and clients. Are you still facing the problem? Can you guide me on which solution is beneficial for you?

download older version of zoom (like 5.6.6)

or

download 64-bit zoom

amelya
Listener

I am having problems with choppy sound when I am in a zoom room - note - all the online help only talks about sharing videos but this is NOT related to my problem, as we don't share videos in this class - I have a different problem:

In the zoom class, the sound works fine when the tutor and us students talk, but the moment I screenshare a document or something, and the tutor is giving me instructions, that is when the sound goes choppy and I can't hear her.  I tried updating my sound drivers in the computer and hope this will help in my class tomorrow. But if anyone else has any other suggestions as to what else solves this type of issue I would be grateful. Thanks