cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide control function not working?

Maartje
Listener

Hi all, I've frequently used the slide control feature in Zoom Meetings to give others control over my PPT slides. However, I was just in a Zoom meeting with a client and the feature was missing in my Zoom Toolbar (also under 'More'). I double checked and it's definitely enabled in my general settings. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

What I did: 

1. Was logged in as host in my Zoom meeting, my client was present as a participant. I opened a PPT presentation, dragged it to my 2nd monitor, put it in Presentation Mode and it was visible full screen. 

2. Then, I clicked Share Screen, and selected the PPT presentation as a window, shared my screen. 

3. Next, I looked for the Slide Control feature in my Zoom toolbar. It wasn't there. Remote control was there, but I definitely do not want to give my client remote control, only slide control. I checked also under 'More ...', it wasn't there. I double-checked my general settings in the Zoom webportal: the option Slide Control was toggled ON. 

4. I continued trouble shooting with a 2nd device after saying goodbye to my client, have not found a solve yet. 

I've attached a screenshot. 

I'm on the latest Zoom update (5.16.10), and am on Windows 10. I'm using my laptop and then a 2nd monitor. 

Anyone experiencing the same? 

Any information welcome. I have an important gig with this client on Monday the 27th of November. 

Kind greetings from The Netherlands, Maartje

3 REPLIES 3

Maartje
Listener

After contacting customer support I've made sure that the setting Slide Control is enabled in the web portal settings on an Admin/General settings level (next to the 'Personal settings' one) - no change within the Zoom meeting, the function unfortunately still isn't available. 

So any pointers still appreciated!

HPMC
Listener

I too am experiencing the same thing. This functionality funny enough worked for me on 12.13.23 and now 12.29 it is suddenly broken. When I tried it on 12.13 I was on version 5.16.0 and I have a separate device that is still on that version. My primary device I am now on 5.17.1 and slide control will not present. 

BlaneAR
Listener

I have had feature that was my more menu the Apple iPad version of Zoom was no more in the more menu after updating.

I see that you running windows they (Zoom) kept the settings icon at the screen you first receive after logging in. You will likely have to make a change in the settings presented to you.
I hope this helps