cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a Recording - permission granted but still errors opening (No permission - error200)

TinaCgb
Listener

Since upgrading to the latest version of Zoom I can't seem to share cloud recordings with people anymore. When sharing I have made the recordings publicly available, on demand registration is required, they have the password to login in yet they still all receive the message "No permission200". What am I doing wrong?

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @TinaCgb 

I'd suggest checking your recording share settings, as it could be that the recording is set to only be available to internal account users, rather than publicly available: 

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 14.23.49.png

Yes already checked the settings to "Publicly" and still no change. Amy other ideas?

Bort

Hard to say without knowing more info. 

Are the users clicking the correct link? Is your profile still licensed? 

Yes I'm still licensed and yes they have the correct link. Honestly I'm completely baffled why it is not working. Before the last Zoom upgrade in August (I use a Mac)  I have had no problems sending out recordings and users

then accessing them. Should I reinstall Zoom or will that lose all my data?

Bort

The desktop client should have no effect on the sharing of cloud recordings, as that is all handled via the web. I would try contacting Zoom Support to get more direct help with troubleshooting this. 

dongd
Listener

I have the exact same issue. Did you manage to solve this problem?

TinaCgb
Listener

Hi there. Yes did manage to solve in the end. For some reason the Prevent hosts from accessing their cloud recordings setting was enabled on my account (hadn't been like this for previous recordings). You can check this by looking for Account Management > Account Settings > Recording > Prevent hosts from accessing their cloud recordings disable.

To access the settings that say "Locked by Admin", you should always be in the Account Settings and unlock and disable/enable the settings that are needed.  Hope that helps

You are an absolute legend. Thank you so much for sharing this.