cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share computer screen while joined in Audio/Video on iPad

fultonm
Listener

The best way I have found to do this is joining as two participants, which can confuse some participants. There's a few selections I have to make each time I want to share my computer screen like "Don't join with Audio" and "Don't join with video", and then on the iPad it says "Do you want to reclaim the host or merge the call" not to mention I have to type the meeting ID every time on my computer. Since I'm signed in to my Zoom account on the computer, I thought it could be as simple as clicking "share screen" and it would do that in the call I'm already in. Is there no better way?

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @fultonm, just to further understand your discussion the messages prompt are as expected. However, if you don't mind screenshotting the "Don't join with Audio" and "Don't join with video", as I tried reproducing but am not too sure how you got the messages! Assuming you received those when first joining the meeting or when screen sharing? 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

The prompts I see are along those lines. I see them when “joining the call” from my desktop. At this point I’m already “in the call” on iOS. I just want to click share my screen without creating a duplicate participant or answering these prompts. Is it possible?

I think you are misunderstanding the crux of my problem. I want a better experience when using two devices on Zoom. Currently, to use two devices, I have to connect to the same meeting on two devices which creates two entities in the meeting. This is a pain in butt!!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @fultonm sorry for the delay in response here! So essentially you can be signed into the same Zoom account and join the same meeting on one tablet, one mobile, and one desktop device at a time.

As your workaround, you initially stated about not joining with audio from your iPad, which is the way to go because you will have feedback. And unfortunately, if you're sharing a screen from your iPad your video will turn off, as that's how it is designed after testing. 

*Your camera doesn't turn off if on iOS device when viewing shared content

For, "Do you want to reclaim the host or merge the call" you will always be prompted this because you're logged into the same account which you're the host of, so therefore you can reclaim the host. 

However, if you're sharing a screen from your computer. You could just mute yourself from your computer to prevent feedback from talking into the iPad. Ensure speaker volume on Zoom is down when talking on through the iPad and the output would come through the computer. Ensure that these audio settings are checked to help with feedback (tested this) 

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 4.34.37 PM.png

When sharing screen just ensure you're sharing audio and the volume is upon the application, browser window, or presentation you're sharing. Just note that Zoom Audio had to be down on this to prevent feedback. Here are some examples: 

Sharing Screen and Audio from Computer View to my iOS device (output on iOS device)

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 4.15.43 PM.png

iOS talking and output of Audio 

IMG_2301 copy.jpg

Try out the suggested above to see if you have any success, or if need any help along the way! I tried to go into detail and visualize what you're working with! Looking forward to your response! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @fultonm it's been some time, were you able to attempt the suggested above when presenting? 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his