cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Freeze and Flickering

Charlie17
Listener

My screen freezes with a band across the top, with lots of different colours and also flickers.  Clients can hear me, but can only see the frozen screen of me.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled my laptop camera, I have used a webcam, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom, I have created a new meeting ID.  If I switch my camera off and on again it returns to normal for a short period but then does it again.  Please advise if anyone has a solution.

9 REPLIES 9

Jameswalter
Participant

If your screen is flickering when you share a screen on Zoom, it may be due to an incompatible graphics card or driver. To fix the issue, try updating your graphics card drivers or switching to a different video codec.

Regards,
John

Charlie17
Listener

Hi John

I am not sharing any screens, this is happening in a meeting.

jeszemma
Listener

The same thing has happened to me, in exactly the same way. I have tested laptop camera and webcam, both are flickering and psychedelic with a band at the top. People can hear me, and the share screen works find. This has only happened since Zoom updated itself yesterday morning. It does not happen on Teams. 

Same happening to me. Never had an issue in 3 years

AndyB13
Listener

I had a different problem after the latest update which resulting in the flickering etc when I screenshared. Someone (I forgot to write down whom) made the following suggestion which worked for me and it doesn't take long so might be worth trying?

In Video Settings

Set "Adjust to low light" to manual

In Advanced Video settings, UNCHECK the optimise quality of video/send with de-noise box

If it doesn't work, it's really quick to reset these settings.

HTH

willjoe
Attendee

Flickering is usually caused by a software issue which can be caused by glitches in apps or software bugs. To best protect your device, make sure to update the software so that it is running the latest operating system and has the latest security updates installed.

Regards,

Will

Cynthia5
Listener

Same happening to me

monijunk
Listener

same happening to me, has anyone fixed this

jeszemma
Listener

I fixed mine. I looked on Twitter to see if anyone else had linked it to the  update that Zoom automatically updated, lots of people had the same issue after the update. I fixed it by deleting the update and installing an earlier version. I remember Zoom put something out on Twitter stating there was an issue with the update. I have had no problems since, so definitely not a problem with my laptop or the settings.