cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling always available meetings for students

PatriciaL
Listener

In the post-secondary education world, instructors need to provide spaces for students to collaborate with each other other than during class time. In order to provide private spaces to meet, instructors would like to open some 'virtual team spaces' for different groups of students in different classes. This involves using the 'no fixed time' and 'Join before host' settings. As it stands, instructors (hosts) can schedule as many meetings as they want but only 2 of those meetings can be open/used at the same time regardless if the host is present or not. 

This is not workable for how our instructors utilize the system. some instructors have 4 different courses and each one of them could have team projects that need to use these open spaces at any given time during the day/week/semester.

How do we or can we work around this?

Have any other users from the Education world come across this?

All help is welcome. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PatriciaL
Listener

Unfortunately not - these 'meetings' are not attended by the instructor, they are for students only and because of how they are set up - breakout rooms are not workable. If more than two of the meetings are in use, no other students can join any of the other meetings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Deel
Listener

Can you assign breakout rooms where students wait for their individualized attention?

PatriciaL
Listener

Unfortunately not - these 'meetings' are not attended by the instructor, they are for students only and because of how they are set up - breakout rooms are not workable. If more than two of the meetings are in use, no other students can join any of the other meetings.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Every student in your school can be given a free or paid account using SSO.

This would allow them to host their own meetings. This is what most Universities and Colleges do that use Zoom.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

I am not sure that is an option for our school - I will check in with them and see if this is a possibility. We are integrated into our LMS.

Frank_TB

Hello,

Zoom integrates with many LMS systems. Usually, SSO and LTI are involved in the set up of the LMS, so it shouldn't be that much more to do.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!