cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve a non-saved chat

LW7600
Listener

Hi,

How can I retrieve a non-saved chat from a todays meeting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, chat logs are not recoverable if they were not saved. I would suggest enabling the Auto Saving Chats option in your web settings, so that any meetings you host on the desktop client will automatically save a copy of the chat transcript locally on your computer. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Unfortunately, chat logs are not recoverable if they were not saved. I would suggest enabling the Auto Saving Chats option in your web settings, so that any meetings you host on the desktop client will automatically save a copy of the chat transcript locally on your computer. 

Thank you Bort.

Except when it doesn't. ARGH!!!

I had the auto-save feature enabled for my meeting and the chat did not save. I also manually selected "Save Chat" and it would not download the transcript.

Hello , 

I have all the settings correct and there is a meeting chat missing. It is the most important one, and I can not  see it. How can I retrieve this? 

wlcutler
Listener

I rarely want to have a chat saved, but when I do want to, I don't remember to do it. I'd like there to be a reminder - do you want to save the chat? Is there a place to request this, or is this request on the books already?

Bort

You can certainly visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!