cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew Session

chungk16
Listener

Dear all,

I got a pop up message each morning from last month from Zoom. Telling me that the admin requires me to sign in every 24 hours. Would you know why this is happening? Please note that the program (Zoom) is closed.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ray

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

That is a new security feature that account admins can configure to ensure your login expires every so many hours or days. In this case, your admin has decided that you must log in at least once every 24 hours, likely to ensure that if someone were to steal your device, you would be logged out of all accounts before they may be able to access sensitive information in your accounts. 

chungk16
Listener

Hi Bort,

Thanks for your reply.  Actually, I'm a Zoom admins in my college. Some users reported this login expires issue. So, could we disable the new security feature in the admin portal? 

Many thanks.

Bort

Yes, it can be disabled, but you might check with other admins at the college, as it may have been enabled for a reason. 

There are 2 ways to control this; one for normal email/password logins and one for SSO logins. This article has some info about disabling Session duration enforcement for the email/password method: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005756143-Changing-account-security-settings

For disabling Session duration for SSO, you would edit the SSO configuration on the SSO page: zoom.us/account/sso

What if, as a user, i want to disable the notification? how do i do that? help, please, and thank you.