cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring meeting with no fixed time

mtraninger
Listener

Hello,

I want to set up a recurring meeting with no fixed time, as I have done multiple times before. But the option seems to have disappeared, I can only choose recurring daily, weekly or monthly. I contacted support, but got no reply. Does someone in this forum have a tip for me how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @mtraninger , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community!

At this time, we are no longer offering the option to schedule "No Fixed Time" recurring meetings using the Zoom client as it was causing inconsistencies in performance. Please use the web portal, Gmail, or Outlook to schedule this type of meeting 🙂

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69

mtraninger
Listener

Update: I just found a workaround by scheduling on the website https://zoom.us/meeting/schedule. In the windows app the option is missing. Obviously it is a bug on the windows app. 

Thanks for that workaround! Unbelievable that Zoom has just decided to shut down this key feature on the app

I totally agree, its very annoying.

Thanks so much!  Life saver 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @mtraninger , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community!

At this time, we are no longer offering the option to schedule "No Fixed Time" recurring meetings using the Zoom client as it was causing inconsistencies in performance. Please use the web portal, Gmail, or Outlook to schedule this type of meeting 🙂

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Please reinstate this option. I used it to schedule my meetings and now I can't schedule meetings as before. The option has also been removed on the web portal. 

02 and disappointed with this change as it makes things so much harder. What do you mean by”web portal, Gmail, or Outlook”. Do you mean we can no longer just use the zoom app that we used to schedule meetings but have to go somewhere else to do that?

That is very inconvenient!! I used this feature all the time, and it needs to be possible to do so in the Zoom app. Please reinstate this option!!!!

So frustrated!  I also want "No Fixed Time"

I am also missing this option. Please reinstate!

Thanks

So, Zoom have removed functionality from their desktop application due to performance inconsistencies yet we're encouraged to use the desktop app for stability? Not quite following your logic here. Now we have to log into another Zoom system to manage our meetings, when we should be able to do all of this from the desktop application. why over complicate things? It makes sense for us to now delete the desktop app, free up some space on our hard drives and just use the web application. 

I think too the fact that no announcement was made, or at least wasn't prominently made, is really telling that the shift is rooted in concerns beyond performance. We just wake up one day and open zoom as usual and suddenly our ability to schedule recurring events is severely limited. 90% of my meetings are recurring. They are obviously aware of how inconvenient going onto the browser to schedule is and how inutile doing so renders the desktop. I think the point probably is too make things more inconvenient for us and force user behavior in a direction that's best for Zoom.

Actually, the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to phase out the desktop app entirely.  Quickbooks just did that, seems to be the way.

How does zoom benefit from users having to schedule all their meetings at specific times though? Seems like just a hassle for users with no benefit for them.

Yea, I don't know exactly, am just cynically conjecturing, but I would imagine that Zoom wants to serve a greater international market and that the browser version is more globally manageable and accessible than the desktop one, and that, from their POV, it'd be inefficient to oversee both desktop and browser versions, so I'm thinking that the shifts we are seeing now have to do with slowly migrating all users to browser version. Why they'd require high level data for recurring schedule items at all is mysterious to me, but the fact that they've put some features on browser and others on desktop is what I'm mostly interpreting.

Please provide a procedure for creating a recurring meeting with no fixed time, and please add it into searchable content so Zoom users can do the same thing that Teams and GoToMeeting users have been able to do for 2 decades. 

Hi @haroldwi and others in the thread!

Scheduling a No Fixed Time recurring meeting must be done through the web portal

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
  3. Click Schedule a Meeting.
  4. Below the Time Zone option, select the check box next to Recurring Meeting.
  5. Recurrence: Choose No Fixed Time.
  6. Finish selecting the meeting options and click Schedule.
  7. Click Save

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, I will definitely forward tyour feedback to our product team.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

This worked with my paid account. But my wife, who as a free account, can't even do this. When she clicks the box next toe Recurring Meeting, nothing happens.

My wife's non-paying account cannot do this. She has no access to create any sort of recurring meeting, even from the web portal.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @tedlandau.

On a Basic account, the Schedule Meeting screen should look like this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1688446138656.png

To my knowledge, there isn't a way to make this checkbox not appear.  If you're not seeing it where highlighted here, I'll dig deeper!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

The checkbox appears. It's just that it cannot be checked. It's just one of several oddities with my wife's free account. For example, she has several recurring meetings listed. However, if she hovers over one of the listed meetings, nothing happens. When I do the same thing on my paid account, I get the Start Edit Delete options to appear. And on and on. It's like a half dozen or so features that she used to have are now gone and seem to require a paid account to get them back. I am not sure of this is a new "feature" of free accounts or if something in particular is wrong with just my wife's account. Either way, it's very frustrating.

Ray_Harwood

OK, let's keep it simple for me - one problem at a time.  The checkbox appears, but she can't check it?  What type of device is she using, and what browser?

This screen shot is from a stand-alone Basic account I keep:

Ray_Harwood_0-1688447884200.png

There's no problem checking the box on Windows 10 PC on the Edge browser.  I'm pretty sure it's not a limitation of the Basic account, as you seem to claim.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I am not "claiming" anything. I thought I made it clear that it could either be a problem with the Basic account or something specific to my wife's account. As to the device and browser, it's a Mac with Safari.

However, the major problems she are having is not with this feature anyway. The main problems started with the Zoom desktop client. On her client, she could not get the recurring meetings to be shown at all. Whereas my client had both Home and Meetings buttons, her client only had the Meetings button — and it showed what I saw in my Home button. In other words, she could never get a list of all upcoming and recurring meetings.

I wound up paying for one month of a paid account for her...and voila...all the problems went away. Everything worked as expected.

Mine is a paid account and still have that problem, it has nothing to do with paid or free account!

Thanks for the work around.  Recurring meeting with no fixed time is how all of my meeting are.  Removing this function in the app makes the app no longer useful to me and I will be uninstalling it from my devices.

Why should we have to use two different systems to do something that worked fine with just one system in the past? There simply shouldn't be different features on different systems. When will this be fixed?

They are already set, but they don't appear on Desktop App. 

You changed something since yesterday 7/10 and now none of my Desktop App show the recurrent meetings, this is beyond frustrating!

CarlaA .. please review ALL posts to this chat. There is a HUGE outpouring of pain (and displeased customers) who are considering (or already have) moved on to one or more other vendors (e.g. even though Teams is less than stellar, that's what my customers have requested and we have fallen back to)

EVERYBODY on this chat agrees that the solution proivided by CarlaA is not acceptable. I have opened a ticket (request TS0128195). I suggest EVERYBODY on this chat does the same. This is the only way that Zoom may wake up and treat customers right.

It is a big problem for me that the "no fixed time" is no longer a part of the Zoom app. I used that option for all my meetings! Many of us used this option and it needs to be reinstated. Surely, you are all tech savvy enough to make this work!  The change you have made makes my work so much harder and I am very disappointed.

When I open Zoom.com and go to meetings, I STILL cannot schedule a recurring meeting without a set time! I am super frustrated.  This  is not workable for me; I do not have the time to search and search to find a way to create a recurring meeting without a fixed time. PLEASE reinstate this option because this is causing a lot of problems for many of us!

This is the worst decision yet

Hi, @CarlaA .

This option is no longer on the web version, either. Has the setting been moved somewhere else or has it been removed entirely at this point?

Adding date and time for each recurring meeting is not helpful, and is a big problem when I have to reschedule individual occurrences (on several occasions I have had links break when an occurrence is rescheduled).

It takes me double the time to schedule recurring meetings this way, and the scheduling feature in Zoom does not line up with all of the options available in Outlook, so I'm really hoping it hasn't been removed.

I have taken 15 minutes to find this work around; I work with several clients for recurring meetings and by NOT having the "no fixed time" I get my meeting schedule full of events;

There are several older trails on the community chat where the "old" in app way of setting a no fixed time recurring meeting- is still advocated.

When will this be fixed? It's been almost three months now since this broke. It's obviously something people use frequently.

What kind of ridiculous change is this? It is just a change that removes accessibility, but the end result is still a meeting. Why was this changed? It should be restored to the app, as everyone else here is requesting.

OMG please reinstate this option! You realize this makes it so we can't even start non-fixed recurring meetings now without logging into the web portal? At the very least make it so we can see a list of our meetings, copy invitation links, etc. without having to log into the web portal every. dang. time. If performance is the issue, how about removing that worthless melange of mail, calendar, and team chat tabs?

Aha, inconsistencies for who? 

Ridiculous!