cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rank Order Polling

RussellatSPP
Listener

I was excited to try out the advanced polling feature "Rank Order" poll for an upcoming meeting. We have five candidates for two open positions on a committee, and rank order polling would help the committee quickly identify the top two candidates in a single vote. The Rank Order poll on Zoom, however, has some challenges that prevent it from being effective:

• The Rank Order poll automatically includes an un-editable description that the rankings are on a scale of Strongly Disagree to Strongly Agree. This has nothing to do with ranking.
  • Users can select the same rank multiple times in the poll - for example, ranking everything #1 - which skews poll results. A standard ranking poll should only let a user select each rank once for any particular option
  • Poll results are displayed as a stacked bar chart with a count of the ranks given to each option. It would be more useful to see a weighted score for each option based on the total number of rankings available. This would allow the users in the meeting to quickly identify the top choice(s) based on a ranked choice calculation.
7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @RussellatSPP 

If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

Thanks, @Bort . I've submitted feedback. I'm also open to any suggestions folks may have for using existing polling features to accomplish the same result.

Bort

Perhaps use the matching option, with the candidates on one side and the rankings on the other? 

Matching has the same shortcoming--people can choose the same answer multiple times.

jhenders02
Listener

I agree. The ranking tool is not as useful as it could be. Perhaps a drag and drop rank order list would be better. 

Innate1
Listener

I, too, am deeply disappointed that an otherwise stellar service would claim to have "rank order" polling when it's nothing of the sort - beyond "misleading" - it's simply not true. 

Last night, I was repping for a meeting this morning. I saw the claim of this feature and went to bed delighted. I woke up this morning and went to implement it - only to discover the false claim. Now I'm stuck trying to redesign this scarce (and vitally important) meeting without this "advertised" tool.

So, beyond the ethics of making false claims, Zoom isn't giving users access to an extremely useful tool essential to many aspects of group decision-making. 

Given that this has been a known issue for several years now, when is Zoom going to do something - anything - about it. Either delete the claim or fix it!

Hoping this helps someone - anyone - to get inspired to do the right thing and act.

DrZV
Listener

So disappointing. Whoever programmed the "rank order" option doesn't have the slightest idea of what rank ordering actually means. Please fix!!!