Maintenance is being performed on Zoom's support site on November 4 that may cause support impact. For more information, please click here.
Everything you need to work together, all in one place.Explore Zoom One's Collaboration Tools
Connect virtually from anywhere with Zoom Meetings
Collaborate together with Zoom Chat
Call the world with Zoom Phone
Create and brainstorm with Zoom Whiteboard
Rich conversation analytics to improve sales
Send and receive messages and calendar invitations
Bring fluid interactions to hybrid teams with Zoom Huddles
Remove the hassle of traditional scheduling with Zoom Scheduler
Innovative video solutions for every meeting space.
Solutions to host impactful virtual and hybrid experiences.Find a Solution for Every Event
An omnichannel cloud solution optimized for video.
Zoom solutions elevate collaboration across vertical use cases.Discover Zoom Industry Solutions
Enabling exciting new ways to teach, learn, and connect globally
Transforming client engagement and employee experiences
Improving collaboration between agencies, ministries and constituents
Connecting care, collaboration, and medical innovation
Real-time communication, anywhere in the world
Bridging the in-store and online experiences
Expert support and services for all your design, strategy, implementation, event, and hardware needs.
An open platform that allows developers to build Zoom apps and integrations.
Zoom Partners bring Zoom's communications platform to market through alliance, sales, and service partnerships.
Discover new ways to use Zoom solutions to power your modern workforce.
Access expert-led tutorials on Zoom products and features.
Network with other Zoom users, and share your own product and industry insights.
Get documentation on deploying, managing, and using the Zoom platform.
When in meetings, it happens that my webcam freezes randomly.
What the other meetings attendees see: my image is frozen
What I see: my image is working fine. Sometimes my local return of the webcam is lagging a bit but that happens from time and does not seem correlated.
Frequency of the issue: once per week at least (I'm doing several hours of zoom meeting per day)
What I tried:
- switching to another webcam (the one embedded in my screen): it does not change anything (my image is still frozen)
- stopping video and reenabling it: other participants see a black screen, I still see my image working fine
- leaving and rejoining the meeting: it fixes the issue
The main difficulty is that I can't see the issue for myself (I need for other participants to tell me about it).
- I've looked at system logs (dmesg) without finding anything.
- cpu usage seems fairly normal (70% of a single cpu), gpu usage is about 14-20%
- my internet connection is very decent (1Gps towards using ethernet to the ISP router, then 10Gbps)
- I've never experienced this with other videoconference software so far, but I don't use them on a regular basis.
- I'm using zoom 5.14.5 (but I've seen this issue for several months and versions)
- I'm using zoom on a laptop from time to time, on the same connection, same linux distribution and never experienced this issue.
- linux distribution is archlinux, with i3 as a window manager
Would anyone have an idea on how to further troubleshoot this issue?