cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Polling Questions

HelpMeZoom
Listener

Hello:

I have a number of Zoom Meetings (and Webinars) already created/scheduled. Ever since the new Survey & Polls upgrade, whenever I create polling questions in one of the meetings, the polling questions are populating in ALL of the meetings and webinars I've already created. How do I stop this from happening?

Each meeting/webinar needs to have a unique set of polling questions. I don't know why this is happening where I add a polling question to one of the meetings, it's showing up in all of the meetings. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

38 REPLIES 38

ASBO
Listener

This is happening to me too. Were you able to find a solution? 

wnjy2k
Listener

Hi, yes we are having the same problem!

ASBO
Listener

ASBO_0-1698757215758.png

You never did have to recreate Polls as you could save your meeting/webinar as a meeting template and copy it over for the next time it ran and your polls and surveys would come with it! Since the upgrade, you cannot even delete Polls from a meeting template now and polls in templates do not appear in the new polls library so we are worse off since the upgrade unfortunately!

HelpMeZoom
Listener

Thanks for checking. We called their support and they told us the same last night. Not sure why they think doing it this way and not allowing us an option is a good idea, but here we are.

wnjy2k
Listener

I have a support ticket out but I'm guessing I will get told the same thing 😐. We use several polls and not having the option to select the ones that you want for your meeting is going to be a nightmare.

ITC
Listener

I have had the same problem over the last couple of days and was shocked to see that old questions from a completely unrelated meeting were suddenly loaded into a new meeting. All of my meetings have their own polls! Looking for a workaround, which we should not have to do, I just discovered that if you start the meeting, you can pretend to run the polls and then, finally, you can delete the ones you don't want by clicking on the dots to the right of each poll. There, you will find the choice of deleting the poll, which I did one by one for this meeting. Then, I closed the meeting just to make sure the wrong polls were gone, and they were.  I hope they don't reappear tomorrow. 

There is a second issue, which is that the polls are now loading backwards, from the bottom up. So, as one types them, the newest goes on top of the last one. I have never seen anything like this! If you've put in 6 polls, numbers 1-6, they will be appear as number 6 first and then in descending order, 6-1.

BrentCanada
Attendee

I'm noticing all these things too.  I want 3 things from polls

1. Ability to create and pull them from the Polls Library into any given meeting

2. Ability to re-order them via drag-and-drop

3. Ability to delete a poll which I can't seem to do at all now

Agreed. These would all be helpful features. We'd also like to be able to group them into folders or sort alphabetically.

When you enter your polls, I'm put in the last poll first, then the one before last etc., then they are in the right order.  However, if you do any editing - it's out of order again.  So you can fix it by click the last poll and save, click one before last and save. extra work but it does get it in the right order.

I too, can't figure out how to save in specific meeting.  I saw once - the option but never again. Not sure how I got it that time and not when I want it. This is stupid. 

Thanks for the update, I've read all of the posts that have been coming in and it appears, ZOOM still has not fixed the issues, I am also speaking to webinars, NOT meetings, and I think there is a big difference in how the platforms are managed, but both platforms seem to continue to be causing the end user to cretae their own workarounds, this is BS ZOOM, can you help? Hello ZOOM!

I use webinar as I need compliance to log sutff for CEU credits.  I have somewhat given up and just explain that polling is a pain in the A**, so be patience while I find the set we want.

They don't seem to follow over from a template either.  so even if I get it right, it still isn't right, cmon ZOOM get it right! 

LeAnh
Listener

I'm expriencing the same issue.  It's inconvenient to find the polls you need among all you created. Also, the fact that polls are only sorted by date modified makes it even harder to find polls for a certain meeting. Hope Zoom will solve these soon.

CSEA
Listener

Adding my voice to the thread ... this is very inconvenient as released. A bank of polling questions would be useful if we could pick and choose which questions we wanted to deploy as part of the setup, but wading through the entire bank each time you need to release a poll is a nightmare.

Sydneyuser
Listener

Agree with the inconvenience of this new functionality (if you can call it that) regarding polls and surveys. Just to also add to this thread about problems, my issue is that I have polls created and sitting in templates for specific meetings. But when I look at the new Surveys and Polls section, it says I have nothing. There is no option to upload anything in this area that I can see. You just have to create from scratch. Our polls are used in training workshops for specific training activities so they took a bit of time to create. Not going to do them again.

Vinodmv
Listener

Hi, We  are also facing the same issue and highly disappointed with this.  Either we should get an option to select polls from surveys which was already created, or we should be able to create poll only for particular webinar.

Nses
Listener

The new system is completely unusable. We have 25 upcoming webinars. Each one has 6 to 10 poll questions that are specific to each webinar.  That means under the new "improved" system we have 200 to 250 polls that the presenter has to sort through. Totally ridiculous. We can get by for a week or two since the polls migrated over for our next few webinars, but we're starting to migrate over to gotowebinar for future classes. 

This is exactly my issue Nses. Zoom seem to have misunderstood the needs of their users who run multiple specific meetings/webinars with multiple poll questions. I am looking into using Microsoft Teams going forward as I suspect Zoom will not resolve this quickly enough for us, if at all!

LaurieJV
Listener

I am having the same issues, can't get polls that I want, ones I don't show up where they are not supposed to???

LaurieJV
Listener

Who is the support person that monitors the community?  Can you not see that lots of people are unhappy with the upgrade.  I have over a dozen templates with polls for webinars and they need to be specific to the webinar.  They are all messed up since the upgrade. 

rjl001
Listener

I too am frustrated with this change

ajmoen
Listener

Just chiming in that I'm also very frustrated with this change. We run 5-7 educational programs a day and multiple have polls. This will become entirely unmanageable fast. We have had to start deleting polls out of programs so that presenters don't have to shuffle through a ton of polls that aren't for their program.

Ystephens
Listener

This is happening to me as well. I don't want the same polls for every meeting. Is there a way to keep the polls separated once they are created (like it used to be)?

When I went to a meeting where the 

DaDuke
Listener

Every time Zoom makes an "enhancement" it seems to make things worse.  Settings default back to the way they were and features change or are no longer available.  I have to wonder if the people behind these changes, even use Zoom at all.  

Is anyone at Zoom corporate or the Corporate community people monitoring this or acknowledging the issues?  it sure doesn't seem like it??? Still having issues...

Is anyone at Zoom corporate or the Corporate community people monitoring this or acknowledging the issues?  Sure doesn't seem like it?  Still having issues...

Is anyone at Zoom corporate or the Corporate community people monitoring this or acknowledging the issues?  sure doesn't seem like it? Still having issues...

LaurieJV
Listener

Is anyone at Zoom corporate or the Corporate community people monitoring this or acknowledging the issues?  it sure doesn't seem like it??? 

wnjy2k
Listener

Looks like there is a solution finally!!! 

There is a filter option now available once you have created your meeting. From there, you can select which polls you require for that meeting. I did a quick test and it works so hopefully this has solved all our issues!!!

It's not working.  Just tried it and only half of my polls show up in the filter and so i can't add polls from all of my existing polls.  Massively frustrating

jenbethsteww
Listener

This is horrible. I have 8 separate Zooms set up for next week with different polls for each Zoom. I am going to have to wade through 120 poll questions every single time I launch. This is ridiculous. Zoom has to fix this. 

LogicsEvents
Listener

We're also having this problem. This is not a feature, this is a bug they're calling a feature.

Zoom needs to fix this, this is infuriating.

Ystephens
Listener

Let's hope that someone from the Zoom admin team is monitoring this community in order to addresses these concerns quickly. This impacts so many users in a VERY unfortunate way and makes it hard to run meetings with polls efficiently and creates unnecessary prep work ahead of meetings!

There is a filter option now available once you have created your meeting. From there, you can select which polls you require for that meeting. I did a quick test and it works.

Yes. Thanks for sharing this update.  I too encountered this new option to filter questions for each meeting room and it was a pleasant surprise!  This is a helpful "fix" to the recent polling issue. It will require some clean-up to the existing, recurring meeting room polls--but at least things are headed in the right direction with getting us back to the old way of being able customize polls per meeting. 

jenbethsteww
Listener

Guys - my admin had to fix it, it has to be fixed on the account management level. See below. 

From my Account Zoom guy:

So there is a way to do this but it requires some admin config.

First, either at the account or group level, you can disable the polls/survey library (this is optional and will depend on how you plan to use the poll feature):

jenbethsteww_0-1706536903939.png

If disabled, this will allow people (account or group) to only create polls that are attached to specific meetings (basically have to create a new poll for every meeting or webinar).

Second, you will need to enable the allow host to create meeting polls/quizzed features for meeting and/or webinar:

jenbethsteww_1-1706536903947.png

The host, when creating a meeting would create a poll as they do today, but when you save it, select the following:

jenbethsteww_2-1706536903950.png

This poll is only available in the meeting and you'll need to create a new one for the next meeting.

Note, you can keep the library on, and still use this meeting poll feature, you would just need to use the filter when creating the meeting to hide the library polls and create the meeting poll.

Thanks for sharing this.  I am going to take a closer look to see how this all works out.  The new, filter updates is very helpful, but it looks like what you shared, will get us back to being able to create polls per meeting and not having everything go into a default, central library. 

ITC
Listener

Thank you for the detailed instructions but, for some reason, I don't have the first option about surveys and libraries anywhere, including in administration. I already have the second part that you displayed set up the way you had it shown.  As I had posted earlier, the only way I could deal with this issue was to start the meeting again after all the participants left for the day and after I had run the polling report for the day. Then, I deleted each poll from the meeting, which deletes it from every meeting. Then, I would type my polls for the next day. This placed me back to where I was before this new "feature" started with retyping polls before each day's meeting (or copying them line by line from a Word document) so that I had what I wanted for that particular meeting and nothing else.

@ITC - I have yet to go through the set-up the way that jenbethsteww described above, but in terms of the new filter feature - once you develop your polls ahead of a meeting, they will default to a centralized library system (as we know, with the recent, frustrating change).  However, there is now a more recent change that has been added, where can go into each meeting and deselect polls that do not belong in that meeting.  I have tried it and so far--things appear to work.  I no longer see polls that don't belong in each meeting.  I am still testing all my meeting rooms--but so far, so good, once I deselect unwanted polls from each meeting room.