cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre - Assigning Break Out Rooms - Pre Assignments are not working

VSorrento
Listener

I have scheduled two Zoom meetings with each meeting having a break out session during a portion of the meeting. I have created and pre-assigned individuals to various break out rooms; however, once I launch the meeting, the individuals who were pre-assigned to the rooms are no longer showing up as assigned to a break out room. 

I double-checked prior to the start of the meeting and everyone was showing up assigned to a room; however, once the meeting launched, it was as if I had never made any pre-assignments. Help please.

Did I read correctly that if someone does not have a Zoom account set up that they are not able to be pre-assigned to a break out room? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi,

You can only pre-assign participants that have a Zoom account (internal or external Zoom users).

Here is for your reference : https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032752671-Pre-assigning-participants-to-breakout-rooms?...

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nafi

Hi,

You can only pre-assign participants that have a Zoom account (internal or external Zoom users).

Here is for your reference : https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032752671-Pre-assigning-participants-to-breakout-rooms?...

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Lkinney
Listener

Do the assignees need to be logged into their zoom account in order for the pre-assignment to work? 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Yes, they must be signed-in to the account with the same email address you used for the pre-assignement. If they are not signed-in or signed-in to a different account, they will not be recognized as the correct user and not pre-assigned.