cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerPoint as virtual background needs to record screen share with both the slides and video

AdrianPeterson
Listener

When recording a meeting, if you use the PowerPoint as virtual background option so you can place your video on the slide, the recording will not put your video into the screen share recording. It acts as if you are just sharing the PowerPoint. There should either be an option to include the video (i.e. record the screen share as the participants see it) or just make that the default when you are using the virtual background option. This is a wonderful additional tool and this change would make it even more effective. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@AdrianPeterson After doing some testing, if you do a local recording while using this feature, you can actually record the slides behind the presenter as you would want. 

But you are correct, doing so from a cloud recording records everything separately with just a small portion of the slides as the virtual background behind the presenter. 

Please be sure to submit your feedback at https://www.zoom.us/feed so that our development team is aware of added need for this ability!

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

J-Zoom-ATL - I just found the Zoom feature last night to take my power point and make it my virtual background - BLOWN AWAY - how cool this is. I teach health education courses that are recorded for on-demand. I record them to a local drive and then send them to my AV person to add to our website. I am using the free version of zoom currently but will totally purchase a plan now. Before I do I just wanted to check with someone at Zoom to ensure that I can in fact save to my local drive and then dropbox the files to my AV person who can then upload them to our website?   Besides the limit set by what Zoom plan I purchase are their any limitations on how many hours can be recorded using the power point as background feature. I teach courses that range from 1 hour up to 8 hours.   I am really hoping you can help me on this - I stand while presenting. When using Power Point as virtual background in Zoom last night I found that the remote I use to advance slides did not work to advance power point slides in Zoom. This is important to me as I like to stand when presenting. I did find that my wireless mouse on my desktop was able to hover over the advance key on the Zoom screen and advance the slides that way. Is there a way to use a remote instead of mouse as that would be a better option. Do some remotes work and other don't? Finally. Is there a way to run power point as virtual background and have dual monitors so I can see the presenter view screen while maintaining the amazing feature of having me digitally woven in front of the power point virtual back ground?   Thanks so much for your help. I am so excited to get started with Zoom.

AdrianPeterson
Listener

@J-Zoom-ATL  Great to know if works for local recording. We have faculty with limited desktop storage, so we do a lot of cloud recording, making that cloud recording feature super useful for us. I appreciate the link and will repost my original post there. I appreciate the super quick response. 

J-Zoom-ATL

Sure no problem at all @AdrianPeterson ! If the above answered some of your concern with being able to do this locally, be sure to hit the "Accept as Solution" button. 

Hello and thanks for your contributions. I am going to be making a presentation on Wednesday and want to use the Virtual PPT slides: however, even when downloading the latest version (both on a Mac and PC) under screen share/advanced I only see the options for allowing/not allowing multiple participants to share-nothing regarding adding PowerPoint slides. PPT is installed-is there anything else I need to do to make this work? Thank you, Bob

Hi Bob,

You don't find the Virtual PPT slides under the settings area, but instead in the screen share area. So if you click the green "Share Screen" button at the bottom of the meeting window and then click the "Advanced tab" at the top of the new pop-up window, you should see the "Use PowerPoint as Virtual Background" option. Hope this helps! -Adrian