cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants can't annotate on shared screen in IOS app

lmenousek
Listener

I have several participants who cannot annotate on a shared screen in the IOS app. When they click the circle pencil icon the annotation toolbar does not pop up as it should. Sometimes if I stop sharing and reshare it will appear. Other times if they leave the meeting and come back it will appear. Other times no matter how we troubleshoot they can't get the annotation toolbar to appear.  

My students have iPad Pros (7th generation) with iPad IOS 17.0.2. Zoom version 5.16.1. 

6 REPLIES 6

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Try turning off Apple Scribble.

Go to Settings > Apple Pencil, then turn off Scribble.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

I should have mentioned they are using an Apple Pencil on the iPad in Zoom. Should Scribble still be turned off? That will affect students using the Apple Pencil in other apps. 

Frank_TB

Hello,

I have read that Apple Scribble and Zoom annotation may currently have a conflict.

I suggest you submit a ticket with Zoom support (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new) if your plan allows this option.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hi,

My participants do not get the option to annotate when I share screen from I pad. 

Thank you

JovialChan
Listener

I’m the student having the same problems for 3weeks already, how can I solve it?

kristiwebster
Listener

Im having the same problem. My students randomly lose the ability to write on screen. super annoying.