cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to switch between Camera and the Presentation Screen.

MathewK
Listener

Hi, Is there any option to switch between the Camera and the Presentation Screen quickly, without closing the screen sharing?  If there is no such option to do it now,  is it possible to make some software improvements to enable such an option to use the full screen Camera view, while doing a presentation.

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MathewK, are you referring to Gallerview and Speaker View? If you're sharing your desktop with and you're not sharing Zoom windows or your desktop, just a specific application i.e Chrome, if you were to switch windows,  participants will not be able to see your Zoom windows or any content. To switch between views, however, you can click on the  to switch views. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

NickSBolton
Listener

I think Matthew's question is the same as mine (which is why I found it) - it's not about gallery versus speaker but switching from presentation sharing with Share Screen to using the webcam to address the meeting - without all the faff of having to unshare the screen first and then reshare to continue.  It could be dome more seamlessly, 

joephilippon
Listener

I have wondered about this question. To clarify, what I would like to see is this. When you are sharing your presentation or screen to your meeting/webinar, it would be AWESOME if there was one key or key combination that would quick switch back and forth between the presenter's camera and the shared presentation.

This would make switching between the two more seamless and a much more enjoyable presentation.

It could be the like "control + j" for "jump" seeing as control + s or p are already taken.

Or it could be a button in one corner of the screen when sharing.

Please implement this. Otherwise giving a presentation where you want to switch constantly between your face and your slide presentation seamlessly and quickly becomes a giant pain. 

jhuthuser
Listener

I also have the same request... would like to switch my presentation from SHARE DESKTOP to WEBCAM at one click.  Right now I need to stop sharing then turn ON video... it's aggravating because the Zoom toolbar is always moving/ disappearing/ whatever... makes it hard to perform all these steps quickly. Ends up being a string of excuses while I try to click all the buttons.

WOULD LIKE ONE HOT KEY COMBINATION TO PERFORM THIS "SWAP" ACTION.

Maybe I just need to write script myself. 

DDormer
Listener

Continuing the thread, I'm looking for the same feature, to easily, quickly and with the least disruption switch the view between screen share (for example for a PPT presentation) with the camera, when you want the audience to focus on the presenter, not the slides, then flip back.  This seems like a popular feature.  I'm surprised it's not there.  Hoping it is but I (we) haven't found it yet.

AmazingCurtis
Listener

Just wanted to +1 this. I guarantee this is a HUGE feature that everyone would use. People that don't even know they want it would love it.

smithering27
Listener

Please, for the love of God, somebody figure this out. And by "somebody", I mean Zoom.