cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old version coming back after installing new version

arsalusman
Listener

I upgraded to new version, unfortunatly returning to old version after a couple of days

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @arsalusman, not sure how this could be possible. You're saying, when you check for updates, you're on the most recent version (as of now 5.13.0) and after x amount of days, you're reverted to a specific version? Mind providing some examples or screenshots of the versions you're currently running on Zoom?

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 9.14.47 AM.png

Are you on any company-owned devices with Device Management and MSI configuration-forcing versions? Otherwise, I can't think of how else this could be possible unless it's at the device level not at the Zoom level. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

This has been happening to our company for months old versions keep reverting back in zoom and zoom rooms 

Sorry for delay to reply, MSC client is installed on every computer in our office, but only one computer is having this issue, any how let me check that posibility and upadte you.

Same as others.  I try to open Zoom, I get message it is older version so I delete the old through Control panel, go to Zoom website and download new version.  Works fine that day, couple days later I open it and its the old version again.  Huge hassle.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @capantojar @arsalusman @Rob1966 @Deloach @josephdeville Zoom has safeguards in place that prevent it from downgrading as to why I'm confused of how this could be possible.

This is usually the result of something in your company's environment. It may occur if the MSI package is pushed to your local computer or if an MDM, such as Microsoft Intune, performs an inventory on your device and replaces it with the designated Zoom version. Please contact your IT Support and have them attempt to troubleshoot the problem.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi, I have this issue as well; I do not work with anyone as this is happening on my home personal computer. What Should I do to stop it from reverting back to the older version?

Deloach
Listener

This is happening to us as well. 

capantojar
Listener

Good morning, I have the same issue, I uninstall the old version of zoom and install the new version but the next day the old version appears again and the annoying message appears "Your app version needs to be 5.3.0 or higher to sign in", I repeat the process, uninstall the old version and install the new version but the next day the message appears again, any news about this?