cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple account behavior

AaronVA
Listener

I have a question about how Zoom handles signed-in accounts on browser vs desktop app:

I'm signed in to Zoom account A on my internet browser (zoom.us). I'm signed in to Zoom account B on my Windows Zoom desktop app. When I click a meeting URL link in my email or browser, it opens the link in Zoom desktop app and appears to switch my desktop app to account A (from account B). This is counterintuitive to me. Is this is the expected behavior?

Thanks,

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zac2021
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@AaronVA That appears to be the expected behaviour and I had this tested with my two accounts too (work and personal Zoom acounts). The account that is currently signed in to the browser will take precedence vs the account that is signed in to the Zoom App. As a user, I just need to be mindful that the account signed in to my browser is the same account name that I would like participants to see when I joined meetings. Else, I need to sign out the account currently signed-in to my browser and sign-in with the correct account before joining a new meeting.

-----------------
If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

zac2021

@AaronVA That appears to be the expected behaviour and I had this tested with my two accounts too (work and personal Zoom acounts). The account that is currently signed in to the browser will take precedence vs the account that is signed in to the Zoom App. As a user, I just need to be mindful that the account signed in to my browser is the same account name that I would like participants to see when I joined meetings. Else, I need to sign out the account currently signed-in to my browser and sign-in with the correct account before joining a new meeting.

-----------------
If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

AaronVA
Listener

Yes, that's the behavior that I encountered, too. Thanks.

It would be helpful if Zoom gave you either 1) an option box to choose whether to "keep using account A" or "switch to account B", or simply 2) a pop-up or banner notifying you that the account has changed.

Thanks again.

zac2021

@AaronVA Oh yeah, that's a brilliant idea. Our product team may have thought about it already but it will not hurt if you could please submit your feedback here. Thanks again.