cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Window pop out when you minimize

Adminstrator
Listener

It looks like Zoom has determined that the entire world is incorrect with the definition of "Minimize" and has taken it upon themselves to rewrite the definition, for their own purposes. When you click minimize and you expect it to, um, I don't know....MINIMIZE, it instead gives you a little useless window that has top focus above your other apps. 

Well, here is my personal opinion:  #FAIL

It's really just a bad idea.

How do I disable this annoying "feature"?

Please, for the love of God, just    MAKE.    IT.    GO.    AWAY.

3 REPLIES 3

fdxygtgjrfyj
Listener

It seems this awful feature can only be disabled on Linux, so Windows users are stuck with it.

On Linux:

Edit ~/.config/zoomus.conf and change the value enableMiniWindow=true to enableMiniWindow=false, and restart zoom.

whatisthisextra
Listener

This is a serious deficiency on Windows.  That stupid floating window is so beyond intrusive I can't believe there still isn't a way to disable this poorly designed behavior.

olegarch
Listener

This annoying "feature" affects not only direct Minimize action, but also it does break second-time click on taskbar program button.

For all windows programs this second click hides window (to background?), but for zoom window it does activates this annoying mini-view mode