cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac User's System Freezes when Sharing Screen

--AIM--
Listener

I have a Mac user that has recently started to experience a system slowdown to the point of freezing when sharing their screen in Zoom.  The user said that it only happens when sharing their screen in Zoom & that the rest of the time their system performs just fine.  We've already tried a general uninstall/reinstall of Zoom and checking for updates with the reinstall, and the user's tried unchecking the advanced share screen setting: "User hardware acceleration to optimize video sharing". 

I've read in forum posts that potentially checking the advanced share screen setting "Use TCP connection for screen sharing" is helpful, but I'm not sure what, if any, downsides that could cause. 

We've also reset the user's NVRAM.  

Does anyone have any other ideas that we could try to speed up the user's experience of Zoom while sharing their screen?  I'm including the system specs below.

System info:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Processor Speed: 2.30 GHz

Processor Type: 8-Core Intel Core i9

RAM: 32.0 GB

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Rachel,

Part of resetting the NVRAM is to restart the computer.  So no restarting the computer did not help.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @--AIM-- just checking in! Are you still facing this issue? If so, would love to further troubleshoot with you! Have you updated your Zoom client recently? If not, I would first suggest Updating Zoom to the latest version to see if that helps resolve your issue. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

joel_armada
Listener

I am having the same problem, sharing screen turns the MacBook Pro extremely slow and after a few minutes the system freeze and log out.
My system:
MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2019
macOS Ventura 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)
Zoom: Version: 5.15.3 (20121)

Ruslan428
Listener

I have the same problem: sharing screen turns the MacBook Pro and then after a few minutes, system works extremely slow the system, then freezes. Helps reload OS

It appeared 1-2 months ago. 

Reinstall zoom doesn’t help

MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2019