cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading a background

williamsg4713
Listener

I always hate it when none of the topic options seems to match my question in any way.  So I'm just posting here in the hope that someone will re-direct me to the appropriate forum.

For over a year, I have, in advance of a Zoom meeting, seleted a background for the meeting by logging in to Zoom through a shortcut, clicking the "Settings" button, selecting "Backgrounds and Settings", then choosing an clicking on one, which updated my background so that, when I logged in to the meeting, my chosen background was in place.

Last night when I followed that procedure, all of my backgrounds appeared as grayed out.  Clicking on any one of them did not instal them.  The "add" button was inoperative.

This morning I tried the same procedure after re-booting.  I got the same (non-) results.

In frustration, I uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom.  Except for the fact that now my personal backgrounds did not appear (as expected), the outcome after logging in through the shortcut was unchanged.  I looked up the Change Your Virtual Background Page, and attempted to follow the instructions.  I click on settings, then the meeting tab, then on InMeeting (Advanced).  This last had no effect, but I was able to scroll down to a Virtual Background item, where I verified that it was set to "on" and that "allow videos" was checked.  

It cannot be that the meeting host had for some reason disallowed backgrounds, as my inability to set a background existed prior to my joining a meeting.

The same device has been in use for every instance in this discussion.

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @williamsg4713.

Zoom maintains your default profile picture that is uploaded in the Zoom Web Portal. Just so happens I need to change mine from the one I had set for a client’s Event to my usual logo, so here’s the steps …

Go to this URL: https://zoom.us/profile.

Locate and click the Edit button on the far right:

Ray_Harwood_0-1687385644803.png

Then click/tap the center of the picture there to show the Edit pencil icon:

Ray_Harwood_1-1687385812502.png

Click or tap again to bring up a view of your current image, click the Change button, and navigate to the image you want to use as your profile.

Ray_Harwood_2-1687386186669.png

Change the magnification and adjust the cropping square as needed, then click Save to see the new image in your profile:

Ray_Harwood_3-1687386253904.png

Changing the profile picture using the Zoom App settings during a meeting is a temporary change, and the default image from your profile page will appear at the next session you join. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

CMZ1
Listener

How do I use a photo I upload from my computer? when the update accured I lost my favorite background thank you. 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CMZ1.

The steps are shown in my answer above.  Use the Zoom Web Portal to log into your account, navigate to your Profile page, click the Edit link on the far right, then click on the picture (or "no picture") area.  Locate the file you want to use, and that should do it!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

CMZ1
Listener

I will give it a try, thank you,

80 year old not techie,

Katy