cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Core i3 10th Generation - Video Background

lorenzo_leo
Listener

Does Zoom supports Intel Core i3 10th generation CPU for a video background without a green screen?

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @lorenzo_leo 

Assuming you are referring to a Windows computer with that CPU, it looks like the minimum processor for video without a greenscreen is an i5. You can check the system requirements on the support site. 

Hello there, I am just asking because the 10th generation i3 of Intel has already 4 cores / 8 threads. It is already like the older Intel core i7 CPU with 4 cores/8threads.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @lorenzo_leo! For i3 we only support image only without a physical green screen which requires our latest version of Zoom, Windows 7, 8, or 10, and Intel i3 2 cores or higher and 5th generation or higher. At this time it looks like we don’t support video without physical green screen for intel i3. You can see more at Zoom virtual background system requibments

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Oh I see but Intel Core i3 10th generation has already 4 cores and 8 threads. It is already like the older Intel Core i7 that has 4 cores/8threads. I am asking now If, is there a possibility that it would support video background without green screen?

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,lorenzo

The problem may be a driver issue with your video chip.
I am able to use it on my 6th generation corei3.
I was able to use it by updating the driver for the Intel graphics HD620.
If you are using Intel HD620, please try to update the driver to the latest version.

merdak
Listener

Yes.

• Intel i3 - 4-cores or higher, gen 8 or higher (Note: Starting with Zoom windows client 5.4.0, Virtual Backgrounds are now supported for i3 5th-gen and above, i5/i7/i9 3rd-gen and above, all including Y-series. These CPUs will support Virtual Backgrounds at 15fps and 360p.)

Micheline
Listener

I understand that Zoom Background is not supported for i3 macbook air. Is it possible that it will be in the future or is there possibly a workaround for now?