cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect passcode

tn3
Listener

A couple of my students are getting the "Incorrect Passcode" even thought it's correct. Even when I send invite directly to them it doesn't work. Any ideas on how to fix?

4 REPLIES 4

Aseidod
Listener

Zoom knows about this problem but is ignoring it. It's a serious problem that is affecting thousands of Zoom classrooms, not to mention meetings. This is the cause of many of my teachers opting to use Google Meet and Teams instead of Zoom. Originally we had Zoom as a requirement, but have had to give in to Google Meet and Teams because of this. Zoom is losing a lot of supporters because of this and I don't understand why it's not getting fixed. It has been over a year already.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tn3 @Aseidod , thank you for your contributions! I am sorry that you have not yet received a reply from the community, but I wanted to try my best to assist.  If your attendees are joining the meeting using a web browser,  please have them clear the cache and cookies as these affect the performance of the browser. They can also try using a different browser to see if the same issue occurs. If they are using the Zoom application, kindly ask them to uninstall the Zoom application and then reinstall the latest version to see if the issue persists. They can use this link to download the latest version of Zoom: Download

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi there, I have re installed the latest version of zoom. Still this error continues to plague my account. I have used zoom for several years and never encountered this issue until now. It refuses to let me in despite it DEFINITELY being the correct passcode and meeting ID. 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi!

There are a couple of things to note when encountering this issue:

1. Carefully type the passcode, ensuring it is correct. If copying it from a document or email, ensure no spaces are being copied

2. If the host or the owner of the meeting is using the Personal Meeting ID (PMID) with a passcode set as the security option, double-check that the participants are using the latest passcode that was set in the Personal Meeting ID- you can verify the passcode from the Zoom web portal. The reason for this is that if the PMID passcode was changed, it will also change all the succeeding meetings that are using the PMID. This will result in the meeting invites that were already sent having the previous meeting passcode as the way to enter the meeting even though it was overwritten after creating another passcode using PMID respectively.

I hope this helps! 

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?