cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Unable to assign license with error "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for."

BGJasonLim
Listener

I have total 3 license and total 4 users, which includes 1 owner in it. However, I wasn't able to assign to any of the rest of the 3 users since 25/05/2023. It keeps prompting me:

"You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more license to increase the limit."

Anyone able to resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @BGJasonLim.

Each license is intended to be assigned to one user indefinitely. While it can be removed from one user and assigned to another, there is an undocumented limit to the number of times a license can be reassigned. Once that that had been reached, Zoom gives you this error. Once you provide an additional license and assign it to a user, my understanding is that the remaining unassigned licenses are free to be reassigned. 

It is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service to freely reassign a small number of licenses among a larger number of users in an account. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Fully understand, and that is the reason i have now restrict the number of users to be 4 only, as I have the thought of assigning the 3 license to only 3 users permanently, whilst, me as the owner will not be assigned any license.

However, how am i able to reach to Zoom now, to ask them to lift that limitation, for me to assign to the 3 permanent users, since it has been blocked now.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @BGJasonLim

As a Pro Licensed user, you should be able to contact Zoom Support by creating a Support Ticket at:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

They’re probably swamped and short-staffed, but should be able to respond to it with a few days. Purchasing another license is supposed to clear it, but if you are on an Annual plan, that could be expensive for you. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !