cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to use Outlook Plugin

Mel_Broadbent
Listener

Received this error message when trying to add a zoom meeting to my email.

Cannot invoke "java.util.list.stream() because "inviteeEmailList" is null Dismiss

I restarted my computer, logged in and out and restarted outlook. I looked up the error and nothing came up. Literally not a single document or result on google.

Any ideas? On What it means or how to fix?

Update Oct 21: Still no fix. I don't know if it's connected - but my Focused inbox is also turning on and off at random intervals (Mostly staying off) and instead of Focused and Other it shows All and Unread. Is that happening to anyone else? It started happening at the same time, so I thought I'd mention it.

Update October 24 - Focused vs All inbox not connected to issue

Update Workaround: The in-Outlook Plugin is still not working, but I did find that I'm able to book meetings by going into the desktop zoom app, clicking the + button and then clicking Schedule from Outlook. It's a bit of a pain to add that extra step but at least it lets you book meetings in the outlook calendar.

Update October 24 - 2 part Solution Found 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

iGuardFire
Listener

I sent out a meeting via the online outlook Friday. . It sent it but without a link. I tried to modify that email from inside desktop Outlook and it asked to update the Zoom files. I did that and I have no idea if that had anything to do with it but the problem doesn’t exist any more. I can click create a zoom meet INSIDE Outlook desktop and it works now.  

View solution in original post

Mel_Broadbent
Listener

iGuardFire your method worked! I don't know if it was a glitch but it finally allowed my desktop outlook to register something. So when I clicked 'add a zoom meeting' to the existing zoom meeting without a link. It said: 

'this meeting already exists' and then I clicked 'settings' and before it said I was signed in and nothing was wrong. But this time it asked me to sign in, and then it allowed me to update. 

I think, that is what actually fixed the problem. There was an update that we were unable to access. 

TL;DR try signing out and back in then updating, if you can't access the update, try iGuardFire's method. It basically forces the desktop app to sign you out, which allows you to access the update.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

grr1252
Listener

I'm having the same problem, observed from two different computers, although trying to use same Zoom account and login. Started 10/17/2022 after using Zoom for a year w/o this problem.

Jameswalter
Participant

In Outlook, click on File and select Options. Click on Add-ins (from menu on the left). At the bottom - Manage field, use the drop-down field to select Disabled Items, and click on Go... Select Zoom Outlook Plug-in and click on Enable.

I tried this. But the zoom plugin is not listed on my desktop app, despite me still having access to it, and being able to make meetings via the separate zoom app.

I tried reinstalling the plugin via the online Microsoft 365, and it says I have the plugin when I tried to make a zoom meeting I got the same error code.

I think there may be some kind of glitch where it can't find the plugin perhaps? or the plugin gets corrupted on install and because it doesn't show up on the add-in list we can't do a clean uninstall and re-install (that I can see).

grr1252
Listener

Thank you for the advice, which I followed, but without success. The zoom add-in for Outlook was not disabled; I removed it and reinstalled but the problem persists. I have experienced this error both using Outlook 365 for windows and web-based Outlook, with same failure.

tonyaaaa
Listener

I am having this exact error message as well! Tried restarting computer, logging out and logging back into Zoom, and with Outlook too. I've been using Zoom for over a year now almost every single day and never had this issue. Let me know if any solutions come up to fix this!!

iGuardFire
Listener

I have also got the same message.  I just bought a new iMac with Monterey 12.6 and I get this error while setting up Outlook/Zoom for the first time on this computer.  Chatting with Outlook techs and they don't have an answer yet either.

iGuardFire
Listener

I have also got the same message.  I just bought a new iMac with Monterey 12.6 and I get this error while setting up Outlook/Zoom for the first time on this computer.  Chatting with Outlook techs and they don't have an answer yet either.

iGuardFire
Listener

I sent out a meeting via the online outlook Friday. . It sent it but without a link. I tried to modify that email from inside desktop Outlook and it asked to update the Zoom files. I did that and I have no idea if that had anything to do with it but the problem doesn’t exist any more. I can click create a zoom meet INSIDE Outlook desktop and it works now.  

Mel_Broadbent
Listener

iGuardFire your method worked! I don't know if it was a glitch but it finally allowed my desktop outlook to register something. So when I clicked 'add a zoom meeting' to the existing zoom meeting without a link. It said: 

'this meeting already exists' and then I clicked 'settings' and before it said I was signed in and nothing was wrong. But this time it asked me to sign in, and then it allowed me to update. 

I think, that is what actually fixed the problem. There was an update that we were unable to access. 

TL;DR try signing out and back in then updating, if you can't access the update, try iGuardFire's method. It basically forces the desktop app to sign you out, which allows you to access the update.

This fixed the problem for me also: I logged into Outlook for Desktop, went to File/Manage Add-ins; searched for Zoom. When found, I deleted it, then reinstalled it. For the first time in a year that I've used it, when opening Zoom, it remembered my login, meaning I didn't have to enter my credentials every time I used it. So something changed and/or is different with the Zoom add-in. In any case, it now seems to work correctly.