cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Outlook from Zoom

Caroline3
Listener

Since reinstalling zoom now automatically connects with outlook to set up a zoom invitation and schedule it into the diary.  I can't seem to stop it doing this.  I have the box unticked in the general settings area which mentions integrating zoom and outlook but I can't see what else to change.  I realise there is probably quite a simple solution but if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Caroline3 

When scheduling through the desktop client, be sure to select Other Calendars to stop Zoom from automatically exporting the meeting to your Outlook: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 09.40.17.png

View solution in original post

When you schedule the meeting, scroll down and you will see the calendar option. For some reason on my Mac, Outlook is now the default, but I can change it to ical when I set up a meeting. Thanks to Bort for this answer! 

jagman653
Listener

I'd like to add something to Bort's solution. After selecting Other, a dialog box opens with the Meeting details. In that box there's yet another trap awaiting: "Open with default Calendar (.ics)"  do not click that! Just click Copy to clipboard. The create a email to the wanted attendees (in the BBC field) etc. and do a paste (CTRL-V) in the body.

18 REPLIES 18

Bort

Hi @Caroline3 

When scheduling through the desktop client, be sure to select Other Calendars to stop Zoom from automatically exporting the meeting to your Outlook: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 09.40.17.png

Hi, 

I have the same issue with Zoom starting Outlook whenever I schedule a meeting. I don't even use Outlook. My meetings used to sync with my Mac's calendar but no longer does that. Do I have to tell it not to open outlook every time I schedule a meeting? Is there not a way to select the calendar that I wish to use, instead of defaulting to what Zoom wants me to use? Do you know if Zoom intends to develop an integration with the Apple ecosystem for scheduling? Appreciate any pointers. Thanks, Allan

Thank you!  This has been causing skull bruising for me from banging my head repeatedly on my keyboard.  Also, I've had to replace 3 keyboards.  Thank you for providing a stupidly simple solution to my Mac trying to open Outlook every time I set a meeting.

When I open the Zoom desktop client, it automatically imports appointments on my Outlook calendar that aren't even Zoom meetings.  It even says, this is not a Zoom meeting.  They show up under Meetings. I don't want my outlook items to show up in Zoom.  Do you know how to remove that feature?

Update - I figured it out.  If you have your calendar linked to Zoom it's all or nothing for getting reminders.  You will get reminders for all calendar items whether they are on Zoom or not.

Thank you for the solution, however, why do I have to do that every single time I create a meeting?  Why can't Zoom just add a no calendar setting that is permanent?  Every time I forget to click the Other Calendars option, Zoom opens 4 Outlook windows that I have to close. A no calendar setting that can be set permanently would solve the issue for everybody. This is  a very annoying issue, yet so simple to eliminate.  It's annoying enough for me to start transitioning to Teams and Google Meet.

Such an easy fix!! This was driving me nuts. Thank you so much!!!! Teresa

Further to this wonderful advice, here's the page to make a permanent change - 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360048674231-Managing-the-calendar-and-contacts-integratio...

Caroline3
Listener

Hi. thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  I actually tried to do this earlier on but received an error message, so I had assumed I was doing something wrong or this wasn't the answer. However having received your post I have tried again and it worked perfectly.  Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Bort

Happy to help! 

Freckles62
Listener

How do I get to that screen? This Outlook thing is driving me nuts.

I figured it out-thanks!

So how did you manage to find that screen?

When you schedule the meeting, scroll down and you will see the calendar option. For some reason on my Mac, Outlook is now the default, but I can change it to ical when I set up a meeting. Thanks to Bort for this answer! 

Bob-70
Listener

I have tried everything above to disconnect on Zoom and on my Outlook but it still comes up with Buy Office Now messages and connecting to my Outlook emails and is causing a lot of stress.  I use Outlook for my business calendar and occasional non-business emails, I want it gone from my Zoom account!  Please help!

jagman653
Listener

I'd like to add something to Bort's solution. After selecting Other, a dialog box opens with the Meeting details. In that box there's yet another trap awaiting: "Open with default Calendar (.ics)"  do not click that! Just click Copy to clipboard. The create a email to the wanted attendees (in the BBC field) etc. and do a paste (CTRL-V) in the body.

willjoe2442
Participant

Open Finder. Click Applications. Control-click Zoom Plugin for Outlook and then click Move to Trash, or drag it to the Trash

Regards,

Diana