cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format in edit meeting

KingJim
Listener

I had to re-install Zoom and the date format is not right in edit meeting. I have gone to profile and ensured dd/mm/yyyy is selected. The meeting email has the correct format but when I go to edit meeting, or create new meeting, the date is in USA mm/dd/yyyy. I cannot change this and it is very annoying.

Yes my Windows date is correct, I have synced, re-opened Zoom etc to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've done a bit of research.  Until Zoom fixes this, there is a workaround - revert to an older Zoom app.  The new Schedule Meeting window (or edit) seems to have been introduced from version 5.12.0, so if you go back to 5.11.11 you'll get the old date format back (it used to show a date as Wed January 4 2023, rather than shortening it to the US format 01/04/2023).  You'll also get back the drop down box for duration, rather than having to set the finish date and time.

For Windows all the Zoom download files are here: https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

colin_thames
Listener

Same problem for me, on both new Mac and Windows versions of Zoom.  Annoying for anyone in the UK when only the US format shows and can't be changed.  4/1/23 is not the same as 1/4/23.  Also, I much prefer the old schedule meetings page which just had a start date and a duration.

I've done a bit of research.  Until Zoom fixes this, there is a workaround - revert to an older Zoom app.  The new Schedule Meeting window (or edit) seems to have been introduced from version 5.12.0, so if you go back to 5.11.11 you'll get the old date format back (it used to show a date as Wed January 4 2023, rather than shortening it to the US format 01/04/2023).  You'll also get back the drop down box for duration, rather than having to set the finish date and time.

For Windows all the Zoom download files are here: https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions 

Im on a Mac, is there an older version of it I can get to do the same?

Yes it is annoying when software engineers produce 'upgrades' which user experience reveals in fact to be 'DOWNGRADES'.

mgosper
Listener

Agree as to the above - this date issue was not a problem in earlier versions of Zoom. Also agree that the new format for scheduling a meeting is worse that the old versions. Also - default topic of meeting name is (your name) Zoom meeting - and when you click on this to change it - it doesn't auto-select all the text - you have to manually delete this title. Come on Zoom - not good enough..