cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a permanent zoom link

SoundQuest
Listener

Does anyone know how to create a permanent zoom link so that people can just save the URL and join the zoom call any time, instead of having to always send out a new zoom link for people to join?

I'm running an online course, and would like to have students save the URL to their toolbar on their browser and then just click the link when we meet each week. I'd also like to have a specific URL set up ie "soundquestzoom.com" for this.

Anyone know how to make this happen?

6 REPLIES 6

larimor
Listener

Create a new recurring meeting. Give it a name and password. Skip the calendar unless you want to schedule the repeat meetings from calendar entries. Uncheck waiting room. Select authentication if you want everyone who joins to have Zoom (it keeps unwanted people from joining unexpectedly. In advanced options I'd recommend do not check admit anytime; you will still get a notice when they join; alternately you can choose who you admit by using the waiting room.

I tried this but I get "invalid Meeting ID"

buymv
Listener

Is there a way to create a link to share for a meeting that already has an ID? In this case the meeting has no password. Can the host create a link? Person who created the meeting room?

I am creating a list of links to multiple meetings and docs for all members and cannot figure out this one.

We have a similar process set up, essentially we have different groups that meet on Zoom. We manage these groups using Salepager which sends each person the link associated with the group they are in each time a meeting takes place. That way we don't have to worry about whether they saved the link or have trouble locating it. We use recurring meetings since most of the groups meet at the same time and that way if they do decide to save the link that works too.

Thanks. The question is for a meeting already setup. I have access because there is no password but don’t see a way to get link. Maybe after hosts starts meeting to get a permanent link?

Luciamartyn
Listener

Certainly! To create a permanent Zoom link for your online course, you can generate a Personal Meeting ID (PMI) in your Zoom settings. This ID remains consistent, allowing participants to save it as a bookmark or toolbar link. Additionally, you can customize a Vanity URL through Zoom or use a domain you own (like "soundquestzoom.com") to redirect to your PMI link for easy access.