cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a meeting

Rhonda5965
Explorer
Explorer

I have watched the video on creating a meeting and it does not give me the same view. i HAVE CLICKED on MEETINGS but I don't get a "Schedule a Meeting". I have had success in creating the meeting however it NEVER keeps the name I call it.  This is really annoying.  Every Zoom meeting has the same name.  How do I fix this please.

10 REPLIES 10

Firas_ghobber
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hello Rhonda,

Could you please provide more details about the issue you’re facing? Are you unable to see the ‘Schedule’ button on your Zoom dashboard, or are you looking to change the default name of the scheduled meeting?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Firas

Yes I am trying to change the NAME of the meeting ie. Meeting with Claudia rather than every meeting being called ZOOM.  It won't allow me to change it at any level. I enter a new meeting name when scheduling but it never saves it. I've tried doing edit, when the meetings are listed on the right hand side and it also always defaults to ZOOM MEETING.   I don't know why something so simple is so hard.  There must be a way to do this.

Firas_ghobber

Hello Rhonda,

First, I recommend updating your Zoom Workplace application and trying to schedule the meeting again.

In the Zoom web portal, please access your profile and edit the display name. This name will be shown by default when you schedule a meeting. My Profile - Zoom

It seems to work normally when you schedule a meeting through the portal or desktop application, and the meeting name will be saved as you type it in.

Please click "Accept As Solution" if this helped you!

Best regards,

Firas

Rhonda5965
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Firas

I don't know what PLANET my ZOOM is on but I have updated from 5.17.11.

Scheduled two meetings calling them different names and saved them.

Still they are both called ZOOM MEETING.

I have signed into the zoom.com account and signed out and signed back in.

Still same problem. It also won't sync my calendar or email

I have no idea what is going on and I am subscribed as A$24 per month so unfortunately I cannot get phone help.  

Firas_ghobber

Hi Rhonda,

The latest version of Zoom Workplace is 6.0.11. Please uninstall your current app and download it again using this link: https://zoom.us/client/6.0.11.35001/zoomusInstallerFull.pkg.

Are you sure you have changed your display name and it still does not appear in the Zoom schedule calendar?

Best regards,

Firas

Rhonda5965
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Firas, thank you for being so patient. I had updated the Zoom to that version 6.0.11 as I replied to your last email.  
I am not speaking about my display name, I am speaking about naming the individual Meeting Names so I know what the meeting is about.

Firas_ghobber

Hi Rhonda,

Yes, I understand what you mean. Please see the attached photo, and it will help you understand.

Best regards,

Firas

yes Firas, I keep doing what you have explained in the image # 2 and save it but it does not reflect when the meeting is saved, please see both images below.  I changed the name to "meeting with me" and it still is called "zoom meeting" I am so sorry for wasting your time but shouldn't it change the name to "meeting with me" ??

EvanAdams
Newcomer
Newcomer

I faced the same issue, but it was resolved after I installed the updated app.

Spoiler
Here's a straightforward dandelion wine recipe to try: Gather dandelion flowers, boil them with water, sugar, and citrus zest or juice. After cooling, add wine yeast and ferment. Age the wine for 6-12 months for optimal flavor. Enjoy crafting and savoring your homemade creation! I am a student and Academized's https://academized.com/custom-essay custom essay service is exceptional. They delivered a high-quality essay that was well-researched and structured. The writers are knowledgeable and professional, ensuring thorough research and clear arguments. Their prices are competitive, making them accessible to students on a budget. I'm impressed with their professionalism and would recommend them to anyone needing academic writing assistance.

Rhonda5965
Explorer
Explorer

thank goodness @EvanAdams.  OMG what an issue! hours of work and still no solution, but thank you, at least I am not going nuts.  I am using the latest upgrade so, I am not sure what uninstalling and reinstalling will do as I may have to re set up my whole settings and the programs with permissions.  Do you know what that would do??