cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control mute/video with a presentation remote

austinashcraft
Listener

Is there a way to control my audio/video with a presentation remote (or other similar tool)? I need to turn off my video and audio (as the host) at a point in my presentation where I am not physically near my computer. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @austinashcraft,

There are a number of ways to accomplish this, but for simplicity, I'd recommend having a Co-Host designated.  The Co-Host can mute you at the appropriate time.  I always want someone else "in control" when I'm presenting.

Anything involving hardware and external software solutions "works if it's set up right".

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks for the reply. However, a Co-host is unfortunately not an option here. Would you mind letting me know of some of the other ways to accomplish this? 

Ray_Harwood

I use a Stream Deck, but that still needs to be connected via USB.  There are 8 button, 15 button, and 32 button Stream Decks.  They are VERY useful, once you get one.  You could use a USB extension cable, if you need to be farther away than the built-in cable.

Setting it up would require some additional detailed instructions.  If you decide to go this route, let me know and I'll draft some up.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Jameswalter
Participant

With the video object selected, mute the audio track by selecting Video Tools (Ribbon) –> Playback –> Video Options (Group) –> Volume –> Mute.

Regards,
J wick