cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat is not functioning properly

ZimmerZoomers
Attendee

Many times now chat is not functioning properly.

Messages sent to the host are coming to me only as co-host.

Messages I send to other co-hosts are not being received 

Zoom Help is pretty useless in 2023 I am very surprised.

I am wondering if this issue is caused by 2 people logging in as host to the same meeting????

HELP!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer

Honestly, I had not seen this behavior before and it could be very useful to raise a support ticket directly with Zoom, this is the link:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Wences

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

WencesUnzueta

Hi ZimmerZoomers

It is not possible to have 2 hosts in a meeting, Zoom only allows 1 host, but are these messages you are commenting on within a meeting? Or from the Zoom application?

Within the Zoom meeting, you can direct message one participant or send the message to everyone.

Wences

Thanks for your response. I realise you only have 1 host at a time

but what has been happening is that several people have the host login

information to a nightly AA meeting which has upwards of 50/60 participants.

For several weeks theZoom meeting chat has completely malfunctioned.

Yesterday participants were chat messaging the Host and the messages were coming directly to me as co-host.

Messages I was sending to other co hosts were not received at all.

This has happened many times over the last 4  or 5 weeks.

I think the fact that someone logs in with host account login passwords etc

has then been followed by another person also logging in with the host login

this is causing the complete malfunction in meeting chat.

Zoom are hopeless in my opinion when it comes to any helpful information the experiences I have just outlined are whats happening not my imagination.

I have been teaching seniors to use Zoom for the last 3 years as well as involved in co hosting these AA meetings for last 3 years... thanks for any help

WencesUnzueta

Ok, I understand the situation and I'm sorry for the problems generated by the application. I can recommend first to update the app as there is a recent very big and important update which adds new things but also fixes old issues. Please update the app from your computer and mobile devices and we will monitor chat usage in a test meeeting

Wences

purplekat99
Listener

The same thing has been happening to me for a few weeks now. The only constant is that it happens after we do a break-out room. Sometimes if effects the Host, sometimes the co-host, sometimes the participants. I am surprised not more people are having this issue, but please resolve NOW as it does make us hosts/co-hosts look very unprofessional.

I believe and waiting to be proven wrong . That when 2 people log in with Host id this causes the issue. Some people may have been host on a previous meeting and just click a login link without realising they were host log in last time . Where as if they are not the host for the current meeting they should only log in with the email and participants password.

other users have also posted the issue in community ... Support in Zoom and Layout of information needs a major overhaul

this is not 1983 other helpers in Community have suggested a ticket to be logged  ... ticket sent

ZimmerZoomers
Attendee

I believe and waiting to be proven wrong . That when 2 people log in with Host id this causes the issue. Some people may have been host on a previous meeting and just click a login link without realising they were host log in last time . Where as if they are not the host for the current meeting they should only log in with the email and participants password.

WencesUnzueta

Honestly, I had not seen this behavior before and it could be very useful to raise a support ticket directly with Zoom, this is the link:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Wences

this is saying 1 accepted solution.

It is far from a solution and Zoom again misleading the truth of the matter .

I appreciate your help and have submitted a ticket .

WencesUnzueta

Hi ZimmerZoomers

I'm sorry I can't do it for you in this case, however, I'm sure that in the portal that with your ticket they will be able to help you solve the problem.

More than a solution, the answer was chosen as the end of my conversation with what I could help you through this medium, but I could gladly continue helping you if you wish wunzueta @ westtelco . com . mx

Wences

thanks for your attempted help that is appreciated I take issue

with Zoom say I in anyway accepted a solution.

I will be leaving Zoom shortly as my Year is up . And think Zooms

complete lack of on the ball customer service is a disgrace .

Their website layout is also stupid and highly unfunctional.

Thanks for you help though.

dionneclaire
Listener

This may help or not. There is a very 'mise à jour' which appears to have 'scrapped' a lot of people's Zoom. Right after the 'mise à jour', Zoom couldn't recognize my camera. And if you look at the Community's messages, a lot of people appear suddenly to have a bunch of varied problems; pretty unusual! It does appear that this recent 'mise à jour' is PRETTY CRAPPY to have caused us all those problems! Zoom tell us to CANCEL and then REREGISTER. I did and it worked perfectly for me right after reregistering. I had to wait a few minutes before reregistering however. You may want to try it until Zoom do clean up the mess they have caused to so many users!