cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot modify zoom meeting invite from shared mailbox

ShabadaVenuGop
Listener

The members of the shared mailbox are not able to edit the meetings sent by other team member?

All the owners of the shared mailbox  are unable to edit or delete meetings created by a another owner.

Tried removing the zoom meeting link but still they cannot edit

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @ShabadaVenuGop

That is by design. Why would you want to allow someone to edit a meeting invite? That could be used nefariously or be changed by accident and will enable a team member to miss a meeting. 

If you would like to, please explain your use case for wanting to edit a meeting invitation email. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello,

If someone is part of a shared mailbox, that means that they should be able to act as one entity.  Otherwise, they would not have shared mailbox access. I think your response makes sense for individuals outside of shared mailboxes but this scenario is specific to shared mailboxes. 

The use case is that usually a shared mailbox would belong to an admin or PMO team who have the responsibility to schedule meetings for the various workstreams on a project. When someone schedules a Zoom meeting on the shared mailbox account, other members of that shared mailbox account should, in theory, be able to modify that Zoom meeting since they are part of the shared mailbox account. 

If person A from the shared mailbox schedules a meeting, then person B from the shared mailbox should be able to make updates to that meeting. The issue arises when person A on the admin group is out of the office and a request comes in from a workstream to update or cancel the meeting. Person B (or other members in the admin group who are also shared mailbox owners) should be able to update/cancel the meeting for them. 

Currently, I don't see this capability in Zoom. Please let me know if there are other solutions. Thanks!