cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t disable “Only Authenticated User Can Join”

Etsme56
Listener

HELP! I’ve gone through all the pages on security settings for accounts and meetings and tried everything, but nothing has worked.  I have a recurring meeting that I set up over a year ago.  I admit that I didn’t know what I was doing when I set it up and somehow it got set up so that only authenticated users could join, or those using a cell phone.  Now, I’m trying to get that corrected.  I have a passcode embedded in my meeting link and I have a waiting room set up.  I have toggled the Enable/Disable Authenticated users setting several times.  Nothing has worked.  It’s just this one meeting that is set this way and I can’t clear it out.  Because it is a recurring meeting I don’t want to delete it and start over, too many people have the meeting ID.   

Please is there any way I can fix this???  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dave, I actually found the solution after futzing with it for a day.  What I did is this: 

Under Personal, In my “My Meetings”  I clicked on “Edit” for the meeting that was having issues.  

Under Security  I saw there was a small line that read “Require Authentication to Join”. I unchecked that and it solved the problem.   

I hope this helps! 

Etsme

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DaveCLantz
Listener

I have the same problem, except that the meeting was set up correctly, without a password or waiting room -- it's for a church.  So if anyone can help, I'd be interested, too.  Some people can log in easily; others are denied access.

Hi Dave, I actually found the solution after futzing with it for a day.  What I did is this: 

Under Personal, In my “My Meetings”  I clicked on “Edit” for the meeting that was having issues.  

Under Security  I saw there was a small line that read “Require Authentication to Join”. I unchecked that and it solved the problem.   

I hope this helps! 

Etsme

lgryfe
Listener

You're a lifesaver! Thanks!

Ashwiniii-2000
Listener

I have the same issue, but the instructions you have provided are all already done. for some reason the participants who need to join are seeing the "authentication needed" page! HELP me please someone!