cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not working on zoom

BarbaraSutton
Listener

When I press the camera icon (Video) when I start hosting a meeting. a dialogue box states: 
"No cameras detected. Plug in device and retry.... 

OR:

"Zoom is unable to detect a camera. Make sure that your camera is powered on and is connected to your computer."

I use the camera in the computer so there is no need to plug a camera in. 
Recently I haven't been able to access the camera at all, but intermittently, for no reason, the camera DOES work!  Nothing's been changed! 
One of Zoom's suggestions is to check that the camera is not being used by any apps.  How can I check this out?   

I teach students in China using Voov - can't access the camera in those calls either.  SO FRUSTRATING!!  

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @BarbaraSutton, make sure you’re on the latest update of Zoom -- here is how you can update your client support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233.

Your webcam's screen may appear black or not recognizable in the app you're using if the app doesn't have permission to access the cam, also Update your Drivers if updates are available, located in the device manager > cameras.

Make sure that your meeting our supported devices here: support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360026690212.

If all else fails if on windows, clean.exe Zoom here (Windows Only) support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362163, reinstall, and restart your Operating System.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

shur
Listener

This app is terrible. I am having the same issue. Zoom detects no camera but once in a while it will randomly work. I have run all updates on my computer and deleted and completely reinstalled the zoom app. No other apps are using the camera and the camera setting show that zoom should be able to use it. WTF

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello! 

For those newly arriving to this thread and experiencing this Zoom error, please follow the steps outlined in the following article to troubleshoot: Zoom error message "Zoom is unable to detect a camera. Make sure your camera is powered on and conne... 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

PVW
Listener

I am having similar problems. I have an all-in-one computer/monitor (Dell 7700) and everything used to work fine. I have done all the things listed in the above troubleshooting link to no avail.

suzik7
Listener

My camera used to work, but now it doesn't. I have tried everything... the camera icon on the bottom left has a red line going across it, and I cannot click on the camera icon to allow the camera to work. The same thing for the microphone except I can hover over that icon and turn on the microphone. WTF is wrong with Zoom and why isn't there anyone to actually speak to about this?

Anakinrsubjff
Listener

@BarbaraSutton wrote:

When I press the camera icon (Video) when I start hosting a meeting. a dialogue box states: 
"No cameras detected. Plug in device and retry.... 

OR:

"Zoom is unable to detect a camera. Make sure that your camera is powered on and is connected to your computer."

I use the camera in the computer so there is no need to plug a camera in. 
Recently I haven't been able to access the camera at all, but intermittently, for no reason, the camera DOES work!  Nothing's been changed! click here
One of Zoom's suggestions is to check that the camera is not being used by any apps.  How can I check this out?   

I teach students in China using Voov - can't access the camera in those calls either.  SO FRUSTRATING!!  

When I click on the camera icon to start hosting a meeting, a dialogue box pops up with the message, "No cameras detected. Plug in device and retry," or alternately, "Zoom is unable to detect a camera. Make sure that your camera is powered on and is connected to your computer." The puzzling part is that I'm using the built-in camera on my computer, and I shouldn't need to plug in any external devices.

mohammad_salman
Listener

If your camera isn't working on Zoom, try the following steps:

1. Ensure the camera is connected and turned on.
  2. Check if another program is using the camera.
  3. In Zoom, go to Settings > Video, and select the correct camera.
  4. Update camera drivers and Zoom application.
  5. Restart your computer.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, reach out to Zoom support for further assistance.

KenB4859
Listener

Ever since the latest Zoom update, Zoom is unable to connect to my camera. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom with no effect. All permissions are granted for the camera. Windows 11 has all the most current updates installed as well. Have gone through a number of Youtube videos and the Zoom troubleshooting suggestions without success. I am convinced it is a Zoom update problem and hopefully a future Zoom update will correct the problem.