cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera is not working

david_casa
Listener

Hi, my camera does not appear to work whilst using Zoom. I have uninstalled the Zoom client and reinstalled the latest version. It was working for the past few months & now it doesn't appear to work, can you pleased assist.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@david_casa The issue is most likely in regards to your camera driver on your machine. Please try reinstalling the video driver and test the camera in Zoom again.
Here is a link to a Microsoft support article on how to do this on your machine (assuming windows): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-drivers-in-windows-ec62f46c-ff14-c91d-eead-d7126d...

If the above doesn't work, you will want to visit the manufacturer's website for your camera for the right driver, or if it's a laptop you will want to visit the manufacturers website for your device. 
You can follow the Microsoft link above for uninstalling the driver, and then use a newly downloaded driver from your manufacturer to reinstall before restarting. 

View solution in original post

david_casa
Listener

Camera is now working, thankyou so much for your assistance

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL

@david_casa The issue is most likely in regards to your camera driver on your machine. Please try reinstalling the video driver and test the camera in Zoom again.
Here is a link to a Microsoft support article on how to do this on your machine (assuming windows): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-drivers-in-windows-ec62f46c-ff14-c91d-eead-d7126d...

If the above doesn't work, you will want to visit the manufacturer's website for your camera for the right driver, or if it's a laptop you will want to visit the manufacturers website for your device. 
You can follow the Microsoft link above for uninstalling the driver, and then use a newly downloaded driver from your manufacturer to reinstall before restarting. 

david_casa
Listener

Camera is now working, thankyou so much for your assistance

Lioness
Listener

Frustrating! You know what i finally did..2 things.

1. Purchased a USB camera. It always works.

2. I realized it wasn't windows that was the problem, the settings were with the manufacturer of the computer itself that has its own set of settings...Lenovo.

Good luck!