cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera is not working

layla1
Listener

My laptop computer webcam - Windows10 - doesn't work at zoom client, just appearing pop-up on the right side of the top, "Fail to connecting the camera"
I did everything that I can do - camera settings, webcam driver settings, security settings, delete other apps which uses camera and even format my laptop but still doesn't work. 
My webcam works well at every apps except zoom.
10 REPLIES 10

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@layla1 , may I know which laptop brand is being used and what are the specs?

Cheers!

DavidPriestley
Listener

I am operating Windows 11. In previous Zoom meetings my webcam has worked fine but for the last 2 weeks I just have a black screen. There are no other apps that I'm aware of trying to use the webcam at the same time. I have followed the recognised checks and made sure video is enabled. Is this a hardware problem? I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7510 still under warranty.

IP-Man

Kindly try to uninstall the Zoom client and then do a reinstall it again.

Cheers!

DavidPriestley
Listener

Thank you. I've just done this. The result is the same; no video.

IP-Man

Here's the requirement that Zoom requires per OS.

Supported operating systems

• macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
  • Windows 11*
    *Note: Windows 11 is supported on version 5.9.0 or higher. 
  • Windows 10*
    *Note: Devices running Windows 10 must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.
  • Windows 8 or 8.1
  • Windows 7
  • Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
  • Mint 17.1 or higher
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
  • Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
  • CentOS 6.4 or higher
  • Fedora 21 or higher
  • OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
  • ArchLinux (64-bit only)

For the full list of System requirements, please see below link for your reference.

Zoom system requirements: Windows, macOS, Linux 

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

DavidPriestley
Listener

The version of Windows 11 I have is designated as 21H2. I've just run a Windows update but the result in Zoom is the same - no video. I have only had the laptop since Jan 2022 and Zoom video worked fine until 2 weeks ago.

I have Windows 10 and up until 3 weeks ago my video cameras worked on Zoom with no issues.  Now, neither the laptop (Dell) camera nor my Aukey camera work, just showing a black screen when I turn video on.  I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom, uninstalling my Aukey camera and drivers and reinstalling and I cannot figure it out.

I just bought a Dell and am having same problem; did you get this resolved?

The machine had to go back to Dell for a warranty repair - they replaced the whole screen assembly as the webcam is built in. No issues since!

DavidPriestley
Listener

I have Zoom version 5.10.0.0