cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tobese2022
Listener

Hi Zoom,

My Zoom dashboard does not have the avatar option.

Presently, my Zoom software is on 5.12.2 (11434) while my Mac is on macOS Version 11.6.1 (2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with 16GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X on Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB).

Regards to my settings, I've enabled and locked the "avatar" option.

Unfortunately, the "avatar" option still does not appear on my "start video" or "choose virtual background" or "choose video filter" option.

I've also tried using Zoom on my iPhone 13 Pro Max that's running on iOS version 16.0 (20A362) and same issue - no avatar option.

Please help.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Okutomo
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

After enabling and locking the "avatar" option, have you signed out and signed in to each App?

After a change of settings on the web portal, we need to sign out and sign in for each Apps.

View solution in original post

Tobese2022
Listener

Hi all,

Only after reinstalling the zoom app did the avatar option become available.

Fyi, prior to reinstalling I did all the updates, checked the “avatar” option under “account mgmt” and even closed and reopened my zoom web and app.  And it didn’t work until I reinstalled the zoom app.

Hope this fix is helpful to someone.

Btw, if someone else is hosting zoom and their version isn’t updated then the avatar option won’t be available, correct?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Okutomo

After enabling and locking the "avatar" option, have you signed out and signed in to each App?

After a change of settings on the web portal, we need to sign out and sign in for each Apps.

Tobese2022
Listener

Hi all,

Only after reinstalling the zoom app did the avatar option become available.

Fyi, prior to reinstalling I did all the updates, checked the “avatar” option under “account mgmt” and even closed and reopened my zoom web and app.  And it didn’t work until I reinstalled the zoom app.

Hope this fix is helpful to someone.

Btw, if someone else is hosting zoom and their version isn’t updated then the avatar option won’t be available, correct?

If I uninstall and reinstall, then login again, are all of my recordings, etc. still going to be there?