cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Save Closed Caption Transcript

lcvachta
Listener

The Auto-Generated Closed captions are a very useful tool on meetings, and I know that we have the ability to save the transcripts. I would like to see an option to automatically save the transcript of meetings, differentiated based on whether I am a participant or host. Or at least a prompt. As it currently stands if I forget to save the transcript before I leave a meeting there is no way to recover it. 

Tyler

18 REPLIES 18

marilynejackson
Listener

I agree.  I forget as well. Other platforms do this.  I hope this can be set to automatically save.

KVSea
Listener

This just happened to me moments ago! Highly frustrating. Even when I do remember, sometimes the host ends the meeting for everyone before I have a chance to act. An auto-save option is absolutely needed.

You have to remember to start saving near the end and hope you get all that you want.

tesszigo
Listener

I agree! this would be a very useful feature in ZOOM to save us time and brain space to remember to alwasy do this. 

nicolebmoz
Listener

Plus 1 this request. This would be a super helpful feature to for meeting participants to be able to turn on a zoom setting that auto-saves transcripts to a computer folder.

I use transcripts to reference the action items, next steps from meetings and if I'm not the host, when the meeting ends, the transcripts disappear

Yasiris_Gomez
Listener

Auto-save transcript is a must. I am Deaf and take online classes and sometimes the meeting closes unexpectedly before I have a chance to save it. I feel bad about not being able to recover the lost transcript.

CDMaine
Listener

Add me to the list of +1 on this.  So easy to close the meeting and forget a final save.  So frustrating.

mr-zoom-99x
Listener

I agree with everyone.  Auto-save of transcripts is a needed feature.

dimsdale
Listener

Agreed.  Just lost a transcript because I forgot to manually save it before ending the meeting. Totally ridiculous that there is no option to auto-save transcripts. 

mvieve
Listener

Agreed 1000x. I just don't have the capacity to stay 100% tuned in to a day full of meetings, so the transcripts are critical when there's dense subject matter.  PLEASE make this a feature.

jamileh
Listener

Another vote x 10000 for this.  When I get involved in a complex discussion is both when I most need the transcript and when I'm most likely to forget to go out and find and click the save button again.  And there are people who end meetings with not enough warning to go find the right window for that before they close it.

Greep
Listener

Hopefully one would be able to set like other options as Default setting for your individual zoom so it doesn't have to be acted on in every zoom. Code it to auto save every so often. by host. In the host coding?

MTSS
Listener

Agreed. I just lost a transcript from a 90-minute meeting. So frustrating!

marilynejackson
Listener

It does save it if it is being audio and video recorded already. 

It does not save them, even when I am recording audio and video. I had a .vtt file along with the recordings but it was blank.

I personally don't always want the recording of video/audio.  I just want the transcript.

BarryTannenbaum
Listener

Please yes!!! I lost a transcript last night because I ended the meeting before saving. There should definitely be an option to automatically save the transcript when the meeting ends.

Temasi
Listener

Transcripts can only be saved manually at present, but would be amazing if could be auto-saved, like the chat is.
Running a networking group, and various other meetings, it's great to look back on to see who said what and make sure that they are attributed to the right people.
When it's not my meeting I commonly forget to save notes or transcripts and I'd rather not have a separate note-taker app installed just to do what clearly could be a very simple option.
Taking it a step further, it would be amazing to store it in the same folder as the chat file so that each meeting then has the chat and transcript together, with time coded entries to almost 'replay' the meeting.