cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio not working

KellyMcNamee
Listener

No matter what I try, when I join a meeting I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me. I have been through troubleshooting, un and reinstalling yet I still cannot hear anything. 

Could anyone kindly assist, please?

5 REPLIES 5

AaronO
Participant

Hi KellyMcNamee,

What type of device are you using? iphone/android phone/macbook/windows laptop? You may be having audio driver issues on your device instead of it being a Zoom issue. I'd recommend you uninstall Zoom, reboot/run updates on your device, then reinstall Zoom to see if that fixes the issue.

KellyMcNamee
Listener

Hi AaronO! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I'm on an older Acer laptop, I've installed all the necessary updates. My audio for everything is working, my mic and audio on Steam and Discord are perfect. It just appears to be Zoom. 

If you go to your Zoom settings, do you have both the speaker and mic set to "same as system"? I've found that helps me the most with audio issues I've had in the past:

AaronO_1-1689867407943.png

Hi Aaron0,

I am having the same problem as Kelly, however Im on an iPad Pro - when I click on audio (with headphones pic) I have 3x options: wifi, Call in, or no sound. I don’t have Same as Speaker as an option. Can you give me any advice please?

Sometimes on a phone/ipad, Zoom doesn't let you join a call's audio on cellular data. Are you able to choose Wifi and connect that way? If that doesn't work, you might want to try the Call in option to join the Zoom meeting as a cell call.