cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio does not work correctly for me on macOS (Always uses built-in audio regardless of settings)

mmynsted
Listener

When I join or host a zoom meeting zoom does not use my headphones or headset but rather uses the laptop's audio.

Zoom: 5.8.1

Permissions: Zoom has be granted all permissions in system settings security.

System audio settings: The headset

• Input "OpenComm by AfterShokz" Type Bluetooth
  • Output "OpenComm by AfterShokz" Type Bluetooth

The headset audio works for all system audio including other meeting software. 

Zoom preferences/ audio settings: 

• Speaker: "OpenComm by AfterShokz" (also tried same as system)
  • Microphone: "OpenComm by AfterShokz" 

When I use the audio test, and when I am in an actual meeting, the laptop speakers are used rather than the headset.

I have no way of known which mic is being used by zoom, the headset or the built-in mic. (Both "work");

How do I get Zoom to actually use the audio that it says it is using?

6 REPLIES 6

reo
Listener

I am facing the same issue in Windows when I am hosting meetings from my site

mmynsted
Listener

Interesting. I expected this to be specific to macOS. I have uninstalled zoom, removed all traces, including configuration files, preference, etc. then re-installed, and have the same issue as before.

I'm having the same problem with Windows 10 with all of my headsets even after doing the testing and it's a green from there. NO JOY no one can hear me and I sound dead in my own headset

musicman_1234
Listener

Hey there! 

So I am using Zoom on an Apple Silicon Macbook Pro.

I was facing this same issue, and all i did was update to the latest OS and voila! Everything works just fine.

Best of luck comrade,

Coolguy

mmynsted1
Listener

Ages ago I had turned on "Audio Hijack", the actual name. It let me improve audio for recording etc. It was taking the audio, as I had it set up. This is what prevented the headsets from working. This was not a problem with zoom or audio hijack. It was me forgetting this was setup. 

frlegendsapk
Listener

I am facing and trying to get over the same error in my windows laptop when i am trying to host meetings for my site.