cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a host/alternative host, do we have to register to open Zoom link?

ecobb2
Listener

I am scheduling meetings for others on their behalf, and putting in alternative hosts. All of these meetings require registration. Do the hosts/alternative hosts have to register in order to open the Zoom link? I tested it out by putting myself as an alternative host and put participants can join anytime. But opening the link, I am still prompted to register. 

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ecobb2 

No, alternative hosts should have special access to join the meeting without registering. Just make sure they are signed-in to the account that was designated as the alt-host and join via the link that is emailed to them. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @ecobb2. I thought I’d add a some additional info to what @Bort provided. 

You mentioned “opening the link”.  My question is, which link are you opening?

Normally hosts will launch the meeting from either the Zoom Client or the Zoom Meetings page on https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming.  If the link you’re clicking starts with us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/, it will take you to the registration page, even if you are the host.  You should have a link that looks like the one in the screen shot below, with /s/ followed by the Meeting ID. 

See the Alternative host limitations section of this Zoom Support article for details on how the Alt Host can start the meeting:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

Specifically, the first paragraph says “The alternative host can start the meeting using the join link in the email or calendar invite sent to them by the host”, but in fact Zoom sends an invitation email to the Alt Host with the Join link in it:

Ray_Harwood_1-1661505030445.jpeg

The meeting can be started with the included button or the link. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !