cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative host without license

Effortel
Listener

I am scheduling a meeting as a host (I have Zoom license) and adding another user of the main account as an alternative host (the user does not have a Zoom license). If the alternative host starts the meeting will be there a 40 minutes limit for the meeting or it will be without duration restrictions because it has been scheduled from an account with a Zoom license. 

8 REPLIES 8

vescamilla
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Effortel,

In order to designate someone as an alternative host, they must also be a licensed user. For more information on alternative host, please click here.

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution". Thank you!

Thank you, if the alternative host is licensed can it be in alternative host for 2-3 meetings that are at same time (same creds to be used by 2-3 different people to join in 2-3 different meetings)?

Bort

Hi @Effortel 

Yes, someone can be designated as alt-host for multiple meetings, but likely won't be able to start them all at the same time. If they need to join multiple meetings at the same time from the same device, check out the ability to join multiple meetings simultaneously

Hi.

The link you shared does clear things out but the statement: "one or more people you want to add as alternative hosts are not licensed users or are not members of this account" is confusing because it insinuates that a user needs to be either licensed (not a member of the account) or just needs to be a member of the account (even if it were basic), if the message said "one or more people you want to add as alternative hosts are not licensed users and are not members of this account" it would've been clearer.

What's the point of this feature then really if both users need to be licensed? The idea is if the host is licensed and can't attend the meeting and wants someone else to initiate it and attend it in his/her behalf being part of their organization/account then they can do so even if they were not licensed; why is being licensed a condition here?

Hello, are you sure this blog is updated, I cannot follow these steps with the current UI of Zoom.

Hello, are you sure this instruction is up to date. I cannot follow these instructions with the current UI of zoom

LSC
Listener

Agreed, this is very poorly worded and it makes the feature useless for Educational institutions where I may need someone to step when when I can not be there and I do not want to give them full access. This most likely will make Zoom far less secure as if seems to encourage password sharing.

hummusstreamer
Listener

So does it actually mean to say this: "To add someone as an alternative host, they must be a licensed user and a member of this account. One or more people you want to add as alternative hosts do not meet both criteria. Remove the following users to continue: [list of email addresses]" ?

This limitation sucks. It makes delegation difficult because it forces the alt-user to be a (separately) paying user instead of a free user authorized by the primary paying user to start the paid meeting on their behalf. And absolutely, this limitation encourages insecure workarounds like password sharing to get around it.