cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Polling will not appear as an option

vanguard_ntwrk
Listener

I am trying to use the advanced polls feature for an upcoming meeting. I have the web settings set to allow advanced polling and I have version 5.9.x as my zoom version. I seem to meet all the requirements, but no matter what I do the only choice for polling I get for my meeting is the original polls.  I read and followed all the help docs and it seems like it should work, but it doesn't.

Any idea why this might not be working?

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Creating polls, either standard or the advanced polls, must be done through the web portal. Once those polls are created in the web portal, then you should be able to select that in a meeting on the desktop client. 

mel4tigger
Listener

Hi Bort, I am having the same issues as vanguard_ntwrk. I am on the web site where I normally would set up my polls but it only shows Polls, not Advanced or Polls/Quizzes. I'm just not having good luck at all and I'm about to pull my hair out! 🙂 Thanks!

Bort

The Advanced Polls option is under the Create button in the meeting details: 

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 14.13.59.png

If you don't have that option, that means you haven't enabled Advanced polling in your settings. This article can show you how to enable those options in your settings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412324684685

It is. I have toggled it back and forth. Still the only thing that shows is Polls. Not the create or what you're seeing.

Something changed behind the scenes. I just went back and now it's there. Maybe my account manager fixed it for me.

Thank you.

Hi, Bort! I'm having this problem in the present - 03 November.

I checked all the account settings - advanced polling is enabled, and I'm on a pro account. Any resolution to this issue where the advanced polls do not appear for us in meetings? (works fine in Webinars btw)

Cheers!

I am also having the same problem.  Jan 20, 2023.  I have turned on Advance Polling in settings.  I am using the browser interface.  I have latest version of Zoom installed.  I do not see Advanced Polls.

vanguard_ntwrk
Listener

That's exactly the same thing that happened to me. I put in a trouble ticket and it magically got fixed. I had that happen with another zoom issue. Obviously someone behind the scenes resets or updates your account to make the function work.