cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Speaker View Problem

Simonzoomm
Listener

I'm partially sighted so use Active Speaker View to best see people however after approx 5 minutes the Speaker disappears leaving others' smaller images at the top. I can then switch to Gallery View but cannot retrieve proper Speaker View. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

StefanScherbik
Participant

Does this happen in every single meeting?  Or just sometimes?

What might be happening is that the host of the meeting was using the Spotlight feature to spotlight the active speaker for everyone, and they they turned it off, which may switch you to Gallery View.  But even if that were the case, selecting Active Speaker view should still put you back on active speaker.  Other than that, I'm not sure what could be happening.

Have you tried pinning someone's video?  To do it, you can right-click on someone's video, and select Pin, to make them full screen even if it's in gallery view.  You can also ask the host to allow multi-pin for you.  The host would have to go to Participants>More (next to your name), and then select "Allow multi-pin".  Then you'll be able to pin multiple people.

DonnaRichards
Listener

I am also having the problem . . . I am actually the host and the screen just goes to some random person in the meeting and will not change to the active speaker.   Also when you say to "Pin someone's Video" can you explain that in detail?  Thank you!

I am also having the same problem but only when I am using Windows, is there any help with this? Thanks

Pg5
Listener

Yes, this is happening to me. So frustrating there is no support!

WOOD
Listener

I am also having a problem seeing the full speaker.  It shows up in the gallery mode and appears to be pinned.  When I right click on this I only get the option to chat.  clicking on the 3 dots at the top right gives me no other options. I've tried everything I can think of and have uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom with no avail.  It must be something very simple, and I don't really know how it happened.  I hope someone can assist me.  Thank you.

Aliza
Listener

I'm having the same problem.  Whoever the speaker is, whether the host or a meeting participant, their box turns black while they're speaking.  How can this be fixed?  It's most annoying to not be able to see the speaker's facial expressions.  Thank you to whoever comes up with a good solution.

Sergio_CRF
Listener

Profile picture, Settings, Video, Advanced, Uncheck Optimized quality of the video I receive with super resolution

Just figured this out because it was happening to me. 

freezy39
Listener

I went to Video Settings, then Advanced, then unclicked the option that says 'optimize quality of the video I receive with super resolution' and it started working again.